temps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Reaction score
I am getting two bredli in the coming weeks I have completed a starter enclosure that is approx 850X400X350 which will be put in my shed (colourbond) I have had the heater and a thermo in it to check temps and this morning about 8:30 the temp was 40 deg at the hos end and about 35 at the cool and. wii this be too hot or would be ok. the bredlis will be about 5 to 7 weeks when i get them.

HELP

That is far too hot. You won't be able to house them in your shed I'm afraid. You need a gradient of about 32 degrees celcius at the hot end and about 28 at the cool end.

I wouldn't be putting them in that temp. Soon find out what boiled bredli look like. If those are the temps in your shed without heating i would be finding alternate housing options for them (like inside the house)

I am with Vat69 and newtosnakes, unless you have the money to do some serious modifications to your shed like adding an air conditioner and/or insulating the shed I would be moving your enclosures as not only might you find it next to impossible to keep the temps down in summer you may also find it difficult to keep the temps up in winter.

Cheers,
Misky

I have had the heater and a thermo in it

What sort of heater are you using? If your shed is already insulated, you might simply need to install a thermostat..

As others have stated, you definitely woudn't do well to leave your python in a metal shed that has no insulation or air conditioner.

thanks to all, I think i might need to convince the boss in letting me have them inside with our Mac.

You're gunna have to :wink:

how about putting the bredli's enclosure on your desk & you move your office to the shed ! :lol:

I remember a guy over here that managed to kill a pair of bredli's by keeping them in a vivarium next to a large window, everything was fine until the summer when it had sunlight shining on it for most of the day ! poor snakes :(

fried bredli anyone ? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back