Thailand Trip (DUW)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hsut77

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Have just gotten back from 2 weeks in Bangkok. Full on holiday staying in Bangkok that long but managed to get out of the city a few times for some peace and quiet.

Here are some pictures from the Red Cross Snake Farm. My wife and I were a little worried about the conditions, but we were totally wrong. These snakes are kept better than the one's at our local Reptile Park.

We also managed to catch a glimpse of a pair of Water Monitors at a rural fishing village. We also got to see wild Crab Eating Macaques on the outskirts of the village.

Golden Spitting Cobra

GoldenSpittingCobra.jpg

White Lipped Pit Viper

White-lippedPitviper.jpg

Water Snakes

WaterSnakes.jpg

Striped Tail Rat Snake

StripeTailRatSnake.jpg

Siamese Russel's Viper

SiameseRussellsViper.jpg

Kukri Snake

Kukri.jpg

Indochinese Spitting Cobra

IndochineseSpittingCobra.jpg

Gliding Snake

GlidingSnake.jpg

Dog-Toothed Cat-eye Snake

DogToothCat-eye.jpg

Copperhead Rat Snake

CopperheadRatSnake.jpg

Brongersman's Python

BrongersmasPython.jpg

Beautiful Pit Viper

BeautifulPitviper.jpg

Albino Monocellete Cobra

AlbinoMonocelleteCobra.jpg

AlbCobra.jpg

Cat Eye Snake (I think)

Notsure.jpg

Crouching Photographer Hidden Monitors

Canyousee2ofme.jpg

Canyouseeme.jpg

Chew Toy

ShoeBite.jpg

Wild Macaques

Food.jpg

WildMonkeys.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

Wow, where abouts did you go, i in Bangkok same time last year, was an awesome experience

Beautiful pictures! i like the black n green viper n the cute baby tiger..
thanks for sharing ur wonderful experience..

Great pics, love the first one of the golden spitter, and the
albino monacled would have been great if it hooded up for you.
The rat snakes are stunning to i think.
The macaques look like they mean business..
do they 'attack' people or do they just
look like they would ?

Wow, where abouts did you go, i in Bangkok same time last year, was an awesome experience

We just stayed in Bangkok. We like to expolre places we visit not just go for the rubber neck tours. We spend many a afternoon exporing part of Bangers never seen by tourist eyes.

Jason, the reno is almost finished. It will be awesome when it is done. I think the Python's will be much happier in there.

Did you go to the tiger temple or the Bangkok aquarium?

The macaques look like they mean business.
look like they would ?

Only if they mistake you for having a banana tucked down your jeans ;)
Seriously though, they do bite and carry a host of nasty diseases inc rabies, I was attacted by one whilst working at a private zoo in Sydney many years ago and my daughter was bitten by one in in Bali a few years back.

Great pics, love the first one of the golden spitter, and the
albino monacled would have been great if it hooded up for you.
The rat snakes are stunning to i think.
The macaques look like they mean business..
look like they would ?

The golden spitter was my fav. The colour was unbeliveable. Yeah the albino was a bit lazy, but the golden hooded up alot. The macques were great. We had bannanas and sweet potatoes so they we just waiting for a feed. The only one that has ever jumped in the boat was a white one but he hasn;t been spotted for a few months. When the food was gone they just went back to catching horseshoe crabs.

Did you catch the show at the snake farm? it was fantastic, the King Cobra really did it's thing... If you really want to see some nice country though, head north to Chaing mai.

Did you catch the show at the snake farm? it was fantastic, the King Cobra really did it's thing... If you really want to see some nice country though, head north to Chaing mai.

My parents were in Chaing Mai last week for a few days and said it was fantastic

Didn't see the snake show as we got there for the milking demo. Chang Mai is on the cards for the next trip. We have done Phuket, now Bangkok, we want to explore the north in a few years.

those monkeys look a bit ferral. fantastic pics love the pit viper "green, brown"

those monkeys look a bit ferral. fantastic pics love the pit viper "green, brown"

Yeah the 'Beautiful Pit Viper' is aptly named. It was actually purple and green but the purple comes out a bit brown on the pics. The monkeys look mad but were actually quite sweet.

WOW some gorgeous photos. my favourite is of course the white lipped pit viper. i love vipers. and the tiger. u seemed to have a great holiday :)

the beautiful pit-viper - it is Trimeresurus kanburiensis - Kanburi Palm viper /quite rare/
cat eye snake - it is Chrysopelea ornata - golden tree snake /very common/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back