Thanks NoOne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
That tip you gave me about the mouse tail worked a treat on two of my hatchies tonight, one of them even took a pinky straight after the tailpiece and took it voluntarily too :)
Thanks mate :)
Mind you I still have one whose mouth I can't open LOL

What was the tip? Tails in the mouth? If it was then I can tell you that I have had great success by doing that in the past. Fantastic way to get em going

Tails in the mouth? Then why they don't just bite it's bum??? Or are we talking of the skinkus mousus tail?

CHEEKY BUGGER!!!!!!!Aghhhh you went to bed you cheater!!!!

Mouse tails not skink tails.

If you can't open their mouths then just push it in they will open up.

I have used the tail trick myself and it works a treat.
Gerry Swan gave me this idea awhile ago and said he starts all his hatchies this way with excellent results.

I have no idea what you are talking about. You put mouse tail in pinky? HMMM

no slateman u cut of the mouse tail and start them feeding on them,if they wont fed, u open there mouth and put it in and they normally will there first full pinkie not far after

I only use this on really stubborn snakes, for ones that won't eat own their own i assist feed them whole pinkies and the ones that keep spitting them out i assist feed them a peice of adult mouse tail about 3cm long.

The other part of the trick is to make sure the hairs on the tail are pointing away from the snakes mouth, this means they can't spit it out, they normally swallow it pretty quick as it goes down easily. It does work well and normally kick starts bad feeders.

WOW. I thought you were putting the tail in the mouses mouth,silly me.That is one tip I'll be remembering with this being my first season hopefully.Thanx NoOne.

LOL NoOne, I tried everything short of using the hammer on the tail to get #2 to open up but still no joy, then the bugger just took a whole pinky as sweet as you like :) They have all fed now mate. Once again, thanks for the tip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back