Thanks so much everyone!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I came back from a bowling competition and when I opened the door I noticed a funny look in my children's faces. Even my wife was behaving strangely. It didn't take long before I found out that they had a suprise for me. They handed me a bag with something in it and revealed that members of APS donated money to make me feel better about the loss of Georgina.

I was so deeply touched that I couldn't find the words to thank you properly on the live video stream. I can't imagine how much effort it must have taken to keep the secret from me. I am suprised that even my daughter, SlateGal didn't say a word, because she has built up a reputation to be a blabbermouth.

I have called the snake "Suprise" because I had no idea that something like this was coming. In my age you don't get that many suprises and definately not that many pleasant ones. The most comforting thought was that so many people cared about me and my misfortune.

I feel very privaledged to have so many good friends and I would sincerely thank everyone involved. Thanks to

Nicole (Nicole) - for organising the whole thing from scratch
David (lutzd) - for driving all the way to Gosford to check out Suprise
And the following people who made this possible: Shauna (kv2002), Glen (hawkeye), Phil (africanfishythingy), Dale (dahorse), Mark (Mark), David (almaron), James (James), Grahman (grahamh), Michael & Mary (cooktownmick), Laura (Pinkie), Craig (Magpie), Melanie (Mel), Sue (stretch), Ali (cookolla) and Maia (maybanana).

What a fantastic name! I love it! :D
I'm so glad you're happy Jan! :D

...it's this kinda stuff that sets APS apart from any other online herp community. I'm pretty proud to be a part of it.

Yay! Looks like I came back just in time for this (sort of!). :D Slatey I hope you really enjoy your new snake!!! :)
Can anyone tell me what species 'Surprise' ended up being, and where it came from... I missed the back-end of the selection process...
Cheers

Pinkie it is beautiful mail olive python. Great large head and strong body. I don't know how long he is , but i will measure him soon. I love him. Just what i want it.

Onya Slatey old boy, you deserve it ! I second what your lovely Nicole said and reiterate my own pride in being part of your community. I hope you get many many years of great pleasure out of your new friend "Surprise". And yes, it really is a great name :)

Very happy to hear you like him. Hope you get as much enjoyment from him as I have gotten from being a part of this site. Also thanks Nicole, Jr. and crew for coming up with the idea, and letting everyone share in the secret mission. It was fun, and I almost feel like I got a new snake this morning when I read the posts. Good choice on the olive, guys. :wink: Now we need some pictures! :D

even though us simpsons live so far away from most of you guys we feel privaliged too be appart of this site 8)
its great too know that there are still nice people out there and that this site is full of em
congrates to all the people who pulled this of for slatey and its great too see that mister slatey luves his suprise
sc and family

I am spewing that I missed it!!! Of all days, I decided to have a completely computer free day yesterday! I did not even turn it on!!!!

I am glad that you are happy and suprised Slatey :) It has been killing us all to keep this a secret for so long!!!

I cannot wait to see piccies of your new boy!

*hugs*
Sue

I am proud to be a member of a great community that cares so much for other members.
Slatey I hope "Suprise" gives you many years of happiness it was great being part of the gang to help out :D

We're so glad that you like him Slatey :D It was a truly beautiful thing to be a part of. It's an awful thing to lose a beloved pet; we hope that you get a lot of enjoyment from Surprise.

He sure looks to be a beauty! When him and his Mrs 'get to know each other better' :wink: (if you know what I mean), maybe we can buy a little Surprise from you :D We'll call it... "Little Surprise" :lol:

So glad we could make you smile! We love you Slatey!

Love and Kisses

Mel and BobTheBuilder

Now i downloaded some photos of suprise in to my gallery. He is better looking then me. Bob whity told Adam that this snake eat only live rats. As i am against feeding live pray, i took little time with him and he is eating defrosted food now. He is so alert and watching me all the time. I think that he will be very good friend of mine.
2_G.sized.jpg

Congradulations! :D You really do deserve it, you guys are gunna be good mates in the future. :D

After all that has happened, it's things like this that show what a 'family' this site really is. :D

Awesome looking snake Slatey!!! I know I'm partial to olives, but he really does look fantastic. Gotta' say it again, great job to Nicole and crew!

Oh Slatey, he's beautiful, what a great photo!
You two look great together! :D

Slatey what a beautiful snake! Pity about the other bloke in the picture though :) Hehehe sorry mate, just joshing ya :) Glad you like him and good work with the feed change :)

I think 'Magnificent' would describe Surprise. He's a great looking snake.

It's all been said but I'll say it anyway - Great Site - Great Team - Great Clientelle 8)

Nice to see a happy conclusion.

the show of affection is just a testemant to what a great guy you are slateman, cant think of anybody more deserving of such a wonderful creature....

Cheers
STP
Leader of the Love The GloveParty

:p Congratulations slatey on "surprise" he looks awsome in pics hope he brings you loadsof fun,has he met his girlfriend yet. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back