That was quick

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denozo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My first adult pair of southern angle headed dragons finally arrived on wednesday the 7th of Dec, thank you very much Kreps2011. They moved in without and difficulties and on Thursday both ate their first meal. They only got half their normal feed as I thought they would still be geting over the flight. On Friday the male quickly devoured another big feed however the female had no interest. I witnessed that day 'mating behaviours' and my excitment went through the roof so I began to look into incubation and ordered an incubator.On Saturday again no interest in eating and the enclosure was torn to shreds, holes were dug everywhere. I tidied the enclosure up thinking they were just exploring their new home however woke up Sunday morning to the female sitting in a hole under one of the plants. So a quick trip to bunnings and big W and I now have three eggs sitting in my bathroom incubating in vermiculite. I didn't realise breeding lizards was so easy haha. I know she was pregnant before I got her but this is my first time breeding/incubating. I have candled the eggs and two have small veins in the egg, one however does not. The egg that doesn't has brown staining on it and was in a more moist section of the laying site. Would this egg be infertile and growing mould? Should I remove it from the others? The eggs were in vermiculite less that 8hrs after being laid. Any help is appreciated thank you.
DSCF3001.jpgDSCF3006.jpgDSCF3005.jpg

I'm not really able to help with your questions either but my guess is that the one with brown and no veins is prob a slug but im not 100% sure.. I'm sure somone on here can help you out. Nice looking dragons next on my list for sure! Congrats mate

Your welcome mate.
The 1 with no vains is a slug mate. And if it starts growing mold remove it. Or just put it by itself and still incubate it.
Happy to hear they are going great.
Good luck with incubating the eggs mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back