The 3 small Bearded Dragon Species - comparison

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm interested in knowing how each of the 3 small Bearded Dragon(BD) species compare to each other.
Pogona Mitchelli - North-west BD, Pogona Minor Minor - Dwarf BD and Pogona Henrylawsoni - Downs BD (or pygmy).
I have only kept Mitchelli and would like to know how they compare to the other small species.
If there are any members who keep or have kept more than one of these species, I would be interested in any observations they would like to make.

Gonzo

I've bred P.henrylawsoni in the past, and raised a group of P.mitchelli from hatchlings in the past few months. Both easy as ...... in my reckoning.

Adult Mitchelli pics

This is a female and male Mitchelli.
Could someone post pics of adult Minor and Henrylawsoni for comparison. From what I've read, they don't colour up much at all.

Attachments

• F+M Mitchelli.jpg
    F+M Mitchelli.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 289
Any comparisons on size, general behaviour, handling etc?

This is a female and male Mitchelli.
Could someone post pics of adult Minor and Henrylawsoni for comparison. From what I've read, they don't colour up much at all.

lololol. Pogona Henrylawsoni do not colour up. youve got grey and grey yellow.

having said that, i have Het hypo P. Henrylawsonii. a passed clutch mate is WHITE. no pigment, but normal eyes (hence why its not classified as Albino) Ive seen it myself, ill have to snap a pic. this this is AMAZING. some other siblings are classified as hypo, having reduced pigment, high white. half way there really. including two in my females's clutch. i have three females from this line, and a male from another line. theres a chance... slim. but hey, when i went to buy them i didnt know about the hypo in linage. i guess its a suprise to see what i get.

a few of my juvies are showing some nice yellow, and nice lighter markings. still grey looking tho. rofl

STILL love those Gonzo. but its another licence class upward. and i dont think they would sell well in NSW for that reason. bugger ey?

You're right about class 2 being a barrier Kirby. It would be interesting to know the percentage split between class 1 and 2.

Heres an adult henrylawsoni.

IMG_1749.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back