The Bendigo Sutton-Grange Tiger Snake Farm

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
I' ve been thinking about going to this place for awhile now. I knew it existed and just recently found some info on it. I'm also just wondering if anyone here has been lucky enough to visit it?

According to the advertisment they are looking for groups who wish to tour the premises and it seems to be by appointment only.

I wouldn't be ready to go there for about a month, and because of that I felt it might also give people here some time to think about coming along and making a day out of it, as you'd need to travelling out there :lol: Perhaps pack an esky, some ice, some snags, BEER! my god don't forget the BEER :lol: and have a barbie somewhere afterwards. It's food for thought! :roll: :D

tpc_tigersnake_promocard.gif

I hope it not something run by the evil Dr. Venomless! :evil:

:D Hi Moosenoose, sounds like a great idea! I found this little write up on it taken from http://bendigo.yourguide.com.au

"":D Tours teach snake lore :D
Tuesday, 16 March 2004

ONE of Bendigo's more unusual businesses is now open to visitors both local and abroad.

The Bendigo-Sutton Grange Tiger-Snake Farm hopes to educate people about this particularly venomous Australian reptile, which is a protected species and the fourth most poisonous land snake in the world.

For farm manager Robert, the reptile is beautiful and often misunderstood.

"I have been fascinated in tiger snakes from a very young age - they are a remarkable Australian species," he said.

"The brown snake is a bit too plain for my liking, and they tend not to live in the kind of wonderful habitats that tiger snakes do."

There are eight different sub-species of tiger snake, and the farm has a selection in cages similar to their wild habitats.

ntsa So what does draw a person into making that decision to evolve their career around such a deadly reptile?

"They are an easy animal, but, like everything, they have their own diseases and their own requirements," Robert said.

Depending on the success of the Tiger Snake Farm, Robert hopes to expand the business on to a larger property at Sutton Grange.

ntsa A snake, like any other animal or reptile, needs regular attention in order to survive.nte ntsa "Thankfully, these snakes come from a cooler southerly region and if I was to take one north, the tropical heat would just kill it," Robert said.nte Bookings for snake farm tours can be made by phoning (0409) 86-4937. ""

:D Cheers, Jude

hi guys i live in maybrough about 30 mins away from bendigo and i also work and bendigo i would love to find out more about this farm ie where it is and what hours its open if anyone has any info please let me know.

keep us up to date with your plans moose wouldnt mind havin a squiz at that

i'd go, im in lilydale but i would definetly go.

thats what i was thinking too mate. im sure he would love a group of us around, may even make some sales im pretty sure

well i have 2 people for sure, could probably come up with more if numbers are an issue, is there a min group size?

p.s. the pails idea sounds fantastic, i am sure that he would be only too happy to accomodate us

is that so.... not what i hear the ladies saying... but they have been known to lie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back