the GTP color change thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That red stipey pattern down the back of that female when young turned blue and has faded ,generally its just green and yellow ,took a long time to complete the colour change .

Didnt miss with the bite LOL
How long did it take to lose its blue? I dident expect a bite like that. My GTP is tiney and it opend me up. that picture was after i cleaned it and got a tooth out. Anyways my lil one sheded last night. I tryed to take more pictures this morning. It got me again. Im going to feed it and try again.[/QUOTE]

H,took about a year for the blue to fade out on that one,still there just isnt prominent. Ive been bitten a few times when feeding the greens, the long teeth make you bleed well. Tryed using feeding tongs and one bit them, they are extremely fast strikers.

Here are some updated pictures. Its getting more green on its nose and sides.
IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Here are a few updated shots. The green is comeing in slowley. Im hopeing it holds alot of yellow. There are also more white dimonds poping threw on its dorsal.

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

Thank you for the comment. I really like how this one is turning out. It still has a long way to go, so well see what happons. More updates comeing soon.

man that looks mouldy caliherp.
Heres one of mine on shed but starting to show lots of white and bit of green coming through

Attachments

• change 001.JPG
    change 001.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 89
man that looks mouldy caliherp.
Heres one of mine on shed but starting to show lots of white and bit of green coming through
That's a great looking snake, I really like the blue it has. Make shure you share a post shed pic with us. I forgot to share this pickture the other day.
IMG_0516.jpg

shed last night and getting greener by the day.

Attachments

• changing 281.JPG
    changing 281.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 100
That green is so vibrant. Great looking snake. Here is a picture I took today.
IMG_0537.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

While i was doeing my dailey maintnence this monster tryed to escape. So I figured id take a few pictures in natural light. sorry for the poor quality it was the end of the day and it was threw a window.

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

Its been a minute sense I posted a picture on this thread. I think my Merauke x Biak is finally done changing. It only took a year.:D In order from first green scale to present.

Regards, Patrick

DSC_0260.jpg
This photo was taken when I purchased the GTP at 3 months

DSC_0362.jpg
This was a photo taken at 6 months

P1110426.jpg
This was taken at 7 months

DSC_0368.jpg
This was taken at 8 months

DSC_0372.jpg
And last was taken at 8 1/2 months
The colour hasn't changed any further. The tail is still yellow and a few black spots appearing.
It is due for a shed soon so I am looking forward to see the colour once the skin is off.
It changed colour fairly quick in the last 2 weeks.

Could someone please explain to me the morphs of GTP's? I have no idea when you say F2 Merauke/Biak? Sorry if I sound stupid but im still learning. Im only 15 but always willing to learn more and more. Thanks guys :)

Could someone please explain to me the morphs of GTP's? I have no idea when you say F2 Merauke/Biak? Sorry if I sound stupid but im still learning. Im only 15 but always willing to learn more and more. Thanks guys :)

Thats a good question. The F stands for fillial. A F1 is a first generation of a project. In the case of my F2 Merauke x Biak a Merauke was break to a Biak (both wild cought). One of the offspring of that pairing was bread to another Merauke x Biak, wich is where my snake came from.

i started this thread to make a journal of my chondros color change process aswell as everyone elses. I am verry interested in seeing the stages they go through. It doesnt have to be current neonates that are changeing it can be past animals aswell. Ill start it off. Here is my 10 month old F2 Merauke/Biak.

Thats a good question. The F stands for fillial. A F1 is a first generation of a project. In the case of my F2 Merauke x Biak a Merauke was break to a Biak (both wild cought). One of the offspring of that pairing was bread to another Merauke x Biak, wich is where my snake came from.
thanks mate. im sorry i might be that little annoying 15 yo kid aha anyways thanks im still not sure though. how do you get a Biak?

i started this thread to make a journal of my chondros color change process aswell as everyone elses. I am verry interested in seeing the stages they go through. It doesnt have to be current neonates that are changeing it can be past animals aswell. Ill start it off. Here is my 10 month old F2 Merauke/Biak.

Biak is a local. It's a island off the coast of Indonesia. Merauke is a mainland type local.

is there some option on this site where i can chat with you? aha

You can p.m me any time. In the future I'd refrain from posting questions like this on threads dedicated to one purpose. There's nothing wrong with asking questions. It's just that the mods will have some extra work to do cleaning up threads, and they are busy enough as it is.

regards, Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back