The need to breed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i breed roaches, never bred crickets but if anything is easier then roaches then everybody can do it, at the moment i'm over run with roaches, roaches everywhere i look, ( in their containers ) lol, i'm feeding my bearded dragons heaps just to cut down my numbers,
not that they are complaining,

cheers,
steve.........

i have done both and would have to say roaches are the way to go, but when keeping geckos crickets are good. roaches just live for so long.

can anybody tell me how to identify the sex of a roach. are the ones with wings the males? and the ones without the female?

Jason said:
i have done both and would have to say roaches are the way to go, but when keeping geckos crickets are good. roaches just live for so long.

can anybody tell me how to identify the sex of a roach. are the ones with wings the males? and the ones without the female?

The adults are the ones with wings.

Females have 1 pair of spikes poking out the behind.
Males have 2 pairs of spikes poking out the behind.

If you watch them after a while you will be able to pick out the courting dance. (I think it is the female) that lifts her wings and wiggles her behind to encourage the males advances.

All the information you need is on the care sheet on the Herp Shop web site: http://www.herpshop.com.au

Azztech said:
we need a big-back side rat breeder on the northside,

Try these guys on the Northside, they are wholesalers but will sell to public if you buy enough $100 +. Very cheap, very good service and will freight anywhere in Bris for a couple of extra bucks.
Worth the call.

Prefered Pet Services 3289 5286.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back