Themed Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the original theme is snake mountain from Masters of the Universe
SnakeMountainLoose1a.jpg

Lol some classic replies here - and some great ideas too! I would be very interested in designing my own theme too - so will be watching this thread as it progresses! :D

The Tokyo theme is awesome, especially if you have a water dragon you could do part of the city underwater - the whole Godzilla thing!

alice in wonderland! you could have a tea cup for a hide and lollipops 2 climb on lol would be mad.

Apologies, but these are right up there with "boyfriend mistakes enclosure for toilet". They're living beings people, not barbie dolls!

People put shipwrecks and treasure chest in goldfish tanks , and I doubt that is a natural environment for goldfish. I do theme tanks because I'll be looking at it. The snake wants heat, hides and somewhere to oversee their world. If I'm incorporating that into the theme then where is the harm?

People put shipwrecks and treasure chest in goldfish tanks , and I doubt that is a natural environment for goldfish.

Yes, people do all sorts of strange things with other animals (and eachother if they can get away with it).

Each to their own, I guess.

It's interesting to see the people that enjoy the barbie doll / diarama set ups and the people that enjoy the practical keeping. I'm a practical keeper and I just feel sorry for the snakes being subjected to more chemicals and hazards. (ie glue, paint, sealers, etc). You can never clean a micro or small environemnt like a viv, as effectivley with some of the crap people put in them. I'd hate to see what happens if they get mites or something... Or have a snake crap all over them...
Probably not that big a deal if you are the owner of under 10 pythons I guess and you have the time to F10 and steam clean all the nooks and crevices after the snake paints the enclosure with poop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, people do all sorts of strange things with other animals (and eachother if they can get away with it).

Each to their own, I guess.

The world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the same as one another. I have standard natural looking homes for my snakes but i say good on all those creative people that think outside the square - as long as its all reptile safe and non toxic who cares!

I like the idea of themed tanks, its not like the snakes would know any different, they really havnt been in the wild have they? like some one said so long as they have the essentials = heat, water, hides and cool spot they should be pretty sweet right?

im in the process of doing an urban city theme for my stimson.

Every one has jungle/desert theme and i think this will just be something different, at the moment i just have a brick wall bakground with graffiti on it and his name "Erk" tagged on the wall, Kinda like and old NYC dark allyway type of feel I 2 mini wheelie bins on each end for hides and a water dish.
i want to ad some more features to it but have no idea where to get them so would any one have any ideas where i could get things like mini street lights, street signs, mini post boxes etc?

im also trying to think how i can do some "power lines" that will look good but also be safe and sterdy for him to climb onto and chill.

At the moment Erik is in a click clack, the heat mat i have dosnt warm the larger tank up enough and i only got him about a week ago so wanted to have him in something a little smaller until he calms down and until i can get his permanent enclosure up and running

ll take some pics and post them up asap

any advice or tips would be appreciated

[/QUOTE]im also trying to think how i can do some "power lines" that will look good but also be safe and sterdy for him to climb onto and chill.

At the moment Erik is in a click clack, the heat mat i have dosnt warm the larger tank up enough and i only got him about a week ago so wanted to have him in something a little smaller until he calms down and until i can get his permanent enclosure up and running

ll take some pics and post them up asap

any advice or tips would be appreciated[/QUOTE]
use dowl for ya poles and clothes line wire for the wires

I have one that is a backyard or junkyard theme - shoes and cups laying around. Even found a mini chair, a little watering can and a little fence I make, looks run down but so do fences in ppl's yard.

Some thick rope for the powerlines might work.

I recon a movie themed enclosure would be cool. Like the snakes on a plane idea. Or maybe even a titanic themed, and the broken up ship can be a hide. But that might be a little hard to make a boat =P
You can buy titanic/shipwreck aquarium ornaments that might work as hides. They are mostly hollow. The down side though, is they are rather expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back