Thermostat Question?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

auspython

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm currently setting up my enclosure for my bearded dragons my enclosure is a 4ft fish tank. I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for a good thermostat, I'm wanting to buy off Ebay but there are so many brands..

One other quick question, what size heat lamp would suit best for bearded dragons 75watt or 100watt.

Thank you Tom.

If you're gonna be using a heat lamp, you'd be best off going with a dimming thermostat. Habistat or Microclimate are generally the most popular choices. Places like Herp Shop or Amazing Amazon should have them.
Depending how much ventilation you've got, I would think both of those would be too large for a 4' tank. Maybe before the animal goes into it, just try out a couple of different wattages and measure the temps you're getting. Ideally, even once it's on a thermostat, the globe should be running close to full on most of the time. That way, if your thermo goes, you don't have to worry about it overheating too much.

Cheers mate Ill check them out.. Also what is a good temp for a bearded dragon hot side and cool side.

Cheers Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back