They "must" like me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
....... went for a walk, it's quite nice outside, the birds, you know ..... but I guess it's of no interest to you.
Oh well, chill out Baden.

Not sure how this thread changed so rapidly
But back on topic

Because as a mobile demonstrator I traveled with my slitherers a lot I had to report to each base as I moved from one area to another
Most were really cool but one area was pretty tough as they couldnt believe how slitherers could be transported safely and comfortably until they inspected my set ups
Because of the number of movement advices etc I was putting in and the numerous address changes I probably was inspected twice a year for 17 years
That does not include the other times they would drop into a display I had going on somewhere
Had a couple of verbal warnings but that was it
[some of them just wanted to play with friendly snakes I think]

Sorry, my last comment on the new anti-terrorist laws... and the potential for change in any part of the legal system... it is a fact that you can now just disappear off the streets in this country, and not have the right to contact ANYBODY, even family members or a lawyer. You can just vanish.

In the current political climate it may not appear too sinister (it's still an appalling abuse of power in our so-called democracy), but if the politics of this country changes and it is legal for the police to abduct you, Australia will be just like Chile or any other country where people can disappear simply on the basis of a suspicion of wrongdoing (and "wrongdoing" can be anything the police or politicins of the time don't like - look at Gaddafi). It's only a small step to fabricating reasons to make people disappear.

"There was a case in the UK where a bloke was living with the train bombers and a sim card of the bomber was found at the house of the "innocent" man. He was held and released after a couple of weeks. There's no doubt in my mind that he knew about the attacks. I think they were right in detaining him."

So, Kawasakirider, despite a HUGE police investucation spanning the world, the dropping of ALL charges and the payment of $1 million in damages for wrongful detainment, you clearly know more than the top terrorism investigators in the world... you must have been all of 14 or 15 at the time it happened. Dr Haneef was indeed lucky that you weren't on his case...

I feel enormously secure knowing that you're keeping an eye on things in this country :)

Bit by bit, step by step, with the support of people like you kawasakirider, we lose more of our freedom every day.

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
"There was a case in the UK where a bloke was living with the train bombers and a sim card of the bomber was found at the house of the "innocent" man. He was held and released after a couple of weeks. There's no doubt in my mind that he knew about the attacks. I think they were right in detaining him."

So, Kawasakirider, despite a HUGE police investucation spanning the world, the dropping of ALL charges and the payment of $1 million in damages for wrongful detainment, you clearly know more than the top terrorism investigators in the world... you must have been all of 14 or 15 at the time it happened. Dr Haneef was indeed lucky that you weren't on his case...

I feel enormously secure knowing that you're keeping an eye on things in this country :)

Bit by bit, step by step, with the support of people like you kawasakirider, we lose more of our freedom every day.

Jamie

So you're telling me if your uncle bazza had all of his mates over and were planning a terrorist attack in YOUR HOME while you were present, you wouldn't have any idea? Are you saying you're that daft?

Did I say the man had any direct involvement in the acts? No. I said "innocent" < note the quotation marks, because despite his innocence, he still could have been somewhat guilty by association. I never said he should be hung for it if he was...

I said I agree with them investigating him. Where did I say I was better than the top terrorism investigators in the world? I simply supported their actions in detaining him for an investigation. He was found to have no involvement and was released. That's fantastic, but there was a chance that he was involved and they had to eliminate that suspicion, which they successfully did.

You said you were sure he knew about it, which implies that he was guilty by association, and indicates that you were more in the know than the top terrorist investigators in the world. For your info, ANYONE "could" have known about it, even me... your words, not mine.

I don't have an Uncle Bazza by t way, and how do you know exactly where the attacks were planned?

Jamie

Baden, mate, this is getting better and better. I am starting to be suspicious that you're harboring terrorists in your house and your snakes are loaded with explosives. Looking at the pictures you posted, they do look suspiciously fat. :D The QPWS Officers are scared, that's why they keep checking on you.... but good on ya, I won't tell anyone.

Baden, mate, this is getting better and better. I am starting to be suspicious that you're harboring terrorists in your house and your snakes are loaded with explosives. Looking at the pictures you posted, they do look suspiciously fat. :D The QPWS Officers are scared, that's why they keep checking on you.... but good on ya, I won't tell anyone.

Watch out Michael, kawasakirider's on your case... guilty by association... you know how it goes. And you're not even dark skinned :).

Actually we owe it to Baden to get this back on track - it is a worry and it DOES sound like harassment. I'd be getting in touch with the minister to see what the problem is.

Jamie

Pythoninfinite;2049421Actually we owe it to Baden to get this back on track - it is a worry and it DOES sound like harassment. I'd be getting in touch with the minister to see what the problem is. Jamie[/QUOTE said:
The Officers can't just go out and visit anybody they like (or dislike) on the whim. Their activities should be logged in and reports requested by they superiors. In deed, I would be asking either the Minister or the Regional Director whether their Officers are spending their time wisely.

Elogov, your cartoon is boring now, seen it too many times, go and find something more funny.

Ha ha yeah it's been around the forums a couple of times now, always manages to slip it's way into conversations at just the right time lol.

You said you were sure he knew about it, which implies that he was guilty by association, and indicates that you were more in the know than the top terrorist investigators in the world. For your info, ANYONE "could" have known about it, even me... your words, not mine.

I don't have an Uncle Bazza by t way, and how do you know exactly where the attacks were planned?

Jamie

I know anyone "could" have known about it, but investigators couldn't iterview everyone in the world. If had video evidence of someone stealing your snake, and had access to someone that the snake stealer was close to, would you be inclined to ask some random from your local woolies, or the person that has a chance of haven information?

The sim card of one of the offenders was found at the innocent guys unit, the offender was living with him. I think that's a justifiable reason to question the bloke, especially when terrorist attacks of such magnitude had taken place. People died, so yeah I don't mind that one bloke was detained for ten days while they tried to eliminate the possibility that he was involved.

Also, you said to someone "you're not even dark skinned" what does skin colour have to do with terrorism? Look at Timothy Mcveigh and David Hicks....

As for how do I know it was planned in his house, it was reported that members of that group that were directly involved congregated there.

Never EVER have I said in this thread that the bloke was DIRECTLY involved and deserved to be imprisoned for anything. I said detaining him while they checked him out for a period of ten days, whilst inconvenient to the bloke, was a decent decision in my opinion.

If a bomb went off down down the road from you and you found out that there were small suspicions, but not enough for anyone in power to be bothered acting upon, I bet you'd be furious. Tell me how a preemptive investigation isn't better than an investigation after 20,000 people get blown up.

But I'm sorry, you're right. It may inconvenience someone for a few weeks while the authorities eliminate certain people from the equation. So let's just give everyone the benefit of the doubt even if there are reasonable suspicions and pick up the pieces when things go wrong.

I know anyone "could" have known about it, but investigators couldn't iterview everyone in the world. If had video evidence of someone stealing your snake, and had access to someone that the snake stealer was close to, would you be inclined to ask some random from your local woolies, or the person that has a chance of haven information?

The sim card of one of the offenders was found at the innocent guys unit, the offender was living with him. I think that's a justifiable reason to question the bloke, especially when terrorist attacks of such magnitude had taken place. People died, so yeah I don't mind that one bloke was detained for ten days while they tried to eliminate the possibility that he was involved.

Also, you said to someone "you're not even dark skinned" what does skin colour have to do with terrorism? Look at Timothy Mcveigh and David Hicks....

As for how do I know it was planned in his house, it was reported that members of that group that were directly involved congregated there.

Never EVER have I said in this thread that the bloke was DIRECTLY involved and deserved to be imprisoned for anything. I said detaining him while they checked him out for a period of ten days, whilst inconvenient to the bloke, was a decent decision in my opinion.

If a bomb went off down down the road from you and you found out that there were small suspicions, but not enough for anyone in power to be bothered acting upon, I bet you'd be furious. Tell me how a preemptive investigation isn't better than an investigation after 20,000 people get blown up.

But I'm sorry, you're right. It may inconvenience someone for a few weeks while the authorities eliminate certain people from the equation. So let's just give everyone the benefit of the doubt even if there are reasonable suspicions and pick up the pieces when things go wrong.

After our recent PM conversation I am quite convinced you just love arguing, haha

The presumption of innocence disappeared a long time ago
As soon as the Towers fell over the yanks introduced a law called rendition
Australia agreed to abide by that law then
Thats why Hicks never got Government support until years later
Rendition is still a law and still enforced
It basically means
Anyone at any time can be held without charge for any period and relocated to any country for questioning
That was the reasoning behind Guantanamo Bay because Cuba permits strong interrogation but USA doesnt
Exactly the same with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait where the majority of the 'prisoners' seem to have died while trying to escape
A classic case is the Canadian DEA officer who was picked up at Heathrow
Held for 6 weeks before anyone checked out that he was Law
Interrogated pretty badly
Lost four fingers and one eye and sued USA for $20,000,000
But lost because the interrogations were done in Bahrain if memory serves
USA denied all knowledge even though interrogators were USA military and he was flown to Bahrain by US military Aircraft

So we have to be very careful about 'reasonable suspicions'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back