Thick tail and velvet geko's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiesnakelover

Reaction score
hi, does anybody own velvet or thick tail gekos? and are expecting hatchling coming season or has some for sale now? and anyone just know any prices for these gekos?
im after hatchlings and i would much prefer velvet geko because they are a local breed but im still intrested in the thick tails to

thx any info appreciated
Daniel

Looking at around $80 for a Thick-tail. There are lots of differents types of Velvet geckos, which species in particular were you after?

the nothern species same as the ones on reedy's and before you say anythin ive gave reedy a email

i saw a thick tail 2yr male for 80 bukz on a few sites, but i want hatchys and lookin for the velvets first, i have a empty exo terra and i cant stand it lol i need sumthin in there!

Hi Daniel

Just becareful where you get your thick tails from. As this species is prone to heat stress/shock. If you get something from VIC or NSW & keep it in Darwins temps particularly in summer without air con - then you could have a problem.

I would recommend Oedura Marmorata for where you are.

Good luck mate.

Ari

Oedura Marmorata seem to becoming harder & harder to source these days. Infact most Oedura species are. And then if you do get juveniles you wont be able to breed them until they are like 18 - 24 months of age. Plus you will have the problem of sexing - some breeders I know of are crying out for males.

I had to hunt around and wait like 6-8 months for my pair. Juveniles are normally around $150.00 each, subadult/adult pairs can go for between $500-$600 the pair (once again depends on colouring of adults)

Ari

ok thx, i dont think i will track one down just yet im just lookin to fill a empty tank with sumthin small reasonable priced and intrestin got any other ideas?, its a exo terra second biggest out of the 4 sizes you can get

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back