Thick Tail Gecko Gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borris+Natasha

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Gday

I just got a pair of thick tails this year that i told had bred in years past. However i dont know how to tell if my girl is gravid.

She has gotten much fatter than usually around the stomach region. I have attached some photos ( as best i could get with a wriggly gecko) and hope that someone may be able to give me some advice? if not from the photos maybe how do i tell if she is gravid.

Cheers
Tom

Attachments

• RIMG0026.jpg
    RIMG0026.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 136
  • RIMG0030.jpg
    RIMG0030.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 147
  • RIMG0027.jpg
    RIMG0027.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 150
  • RIMG0024.jpg
    RIMG0024.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 142
She looks to be in the early stages, you can actually see the marks left by the males teeth where he has grabbed onto her for mating.

Thanks mate

Just a quick for my own intrest sake which photo do you see the teeth marks and about where should i be looking?

Cheers
Tom

Yes, No. 3 is the best, looking at the photo on the left side you can see a arc, that is the teeth marks from the bottom jaw of the male, the right side has multiple arc marks that just end up looking like scratches as there are many of them. The male will keep harassing the female (what male doesn't ;) ) and imo should be seperated from the female for 90% of the year but esp when she is developing eggs, a handfull of matings will produce fertile eggs all season and sometimes even the following season.

Gday all just another question. Its been about 2 weeks since i figured out my gecko is potentially gravid. Should she be eating lots or is that a sign that my suspicions are wrong???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back