Thinking about getting a shingleback.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacular

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Recently I went out to the Mallee for uni and got to see some pretty cool lizards. Mostly mallee and painted dragons, but also a few different skinks and a legless lizard!
While there I absolutely fell in love with Shinglebacks and really want to get one as a pet...HOWEVER....

I've not kept a lizard as a pet before.

I have two turtles wth a pretty awesome above tank area with UV and heat so I guess thats sort of easing me in to reptiles a bit...but it's not the same thing.

Obviously I'll be doing my research and setting up a tank first, but I was wondering if anyone on this forum has shinglebacks or knows a bit about them. What I've read implies that they are a fairly easy lizard to keep- but do you guys think that a beginner will cope?! Any hints that I wont find in the literature?

Keeping Shinglebacks $15.00
http://www.herpbooks.com.au/cms/hus...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=105&category_id=17Shingleback Lizards are a common sight in some pet shops and within the pet trade in Australia. These popular lizards are highly prized as pets due to their docile and somewhat sleepy nature and unusual appearance. Their size is not overwhelming and they can be easily kept indoors. They have minimal odour and only require a few feeds each week thus making reptiles like this ideal pets. This book contains all the necessary information required for the successful housing and breeding of shingleback lizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back