tick on ass

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shellshock

Reaction score
i purchased a lace moniter today the person i bought it off had it
in an above ground swimming pool it is in the middle of sheddin and i noticed a tick on the folds of its anus my old theory is to pull it off with pair of tweesers but its worth a bit i was wondering the wright thing to do .........
it doesnt been there long as is rather small
should i pull it off
moniters are a bit feisty thow with the claws

Wild Laceys/pit laceys very often have ticks around the vent, most often in numbers of up to 15. I once had a Lacey with a lot of ticks around its vent and they had actually made the flesh raw in that area.I just got the tweezers and pulled them off and over the weeks the raw flesh turned into a scab and healed nicely.

Pull it out Shellshock, just make sure you kill the tick.

Well I have been watching Croc Hunter(Marathon) on Animal planet for the last few hours...And they had some Shinglebacks with ticks on them..... Terri just got her finger nail under them and lifted them out. Not saying it is the right thing to do, but that is what they did, and I saw..:p

Thanks Folks
I suppose I will remove it and see how she goes than.
Thanks for input
:)

urgent i tried but with her scratching me and wriggleing i didnt get the hed at first when i did it i could see thehead but when i went to have another go i couldnt see it what should i do will it hurt it are they immune or should i rush it to the vet
i have done millions of bluey'sbut this just didnt come out wright

Give it another go. Try doing it in the morning when the Lacey is cooler and less active. Laceys are TOUGH, you wont hurt him!!

i did give ti go when i firstt did it i could still see the head and thought i could give it another go but now all ican see is a tiney black spot with a little bit of blood that is the only way i can tell where i got it from thank u very much serpent tounge over the past few monthes u have helped me and my husband out with a lot of our p;roblems u r always there to help THANK YOU

I keep pythons and every now and again i get outbreaks of ticks throughout my various vivariums. i usually bathe them in warm water and then just squeeze the tick out in the same way one would pop a pimple. i guess thats a bit easier on a python (lack of claws and legs!) and then i sprey them all down with a insecticide called 'Top Of Decent' and that is very widely used throughout herp shops. so im not too sure if thats of any help with your moniter but i thought id tell you anyways! good luck!

tick

hey there shellshock,

if you can some of the afore mentioned top of descent that should do the trick, you can also swab the area with metho - that usually kills any ticks i have had to deal with (both on my reptiles as well as on me!)

hope this helps you out,
bombie

Metho, or better still, I use Vaseline to suffocate them, you can either pull them out easily a few hours later when they're dead and the mouthparts are relaxed, or just leave it on the lacie - they have incredible immune systems (consider what they eat, and what they do in their lives on a day-to-day basis!) In the wild they would collect and discard ticks in numerous ways. If the mouthparts are left under the skin, it will form a small scab and just slough off the next time it sheds. Guaranteed...

Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back