Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
This morning i recieved a call from a nice lady who had this little tiger in her water tank.
Concrete tank, 20 foot across, 7 foot deep and 3/4 full.

The poor guy had been in the tank for two weeks before she rang, she didnt know if she was seeing things when she saw it then, so she didnt call untill she saw it again this morning.

She was watching it as it floated, raising it's tail so it wouldnt sink..Make sense?

Anyway, when i got there i stuck my head in with the torch and sure enough, it was floating on top of the water with its tail up in a little curl.
It seemed to be able to find its centre of gravity and float effortlessly with out sinking.
I spose after 2 weeks youd get pretty good at it.

Fortunatly the lady had a pool and a long handled pool cleaner,
(Im incorperating a long handled pool cleaner in my gear now).
A couple of snaps my daughter took..some better ones of the tiger coming soon.
tanks.jpg

tks.jpg

thas03.jpg

thanks.jpg

tvk.jpg

thns.jpg

Cheers

Great looking anamial! Did you use a fuzzy on a 3.0 with a shimano TLD.. Nice work :))

Ahh cool :D What a lucky fellow to eventually get out of there.

A net would have been handy for my red belly in a hole full of water, but all I had was my tongs.

I hope we dont have to discuss now weather or not teleascopic pool cleaners are safe to use in relocations.. That would just be to much.

perfect ssssnakeman ,(I wonder how many wouldve thought you would need tongs for that rescue)..sometimes you just need to use your imagination..lovely little tiger ,only one question How do you reckon he got in there?

If i had no pool cleaner and only tongs then they would have been used.
If i had neither i may have had to go for a swim, anyway this thread is not about tongs..

The snake entered the tank through an overflow hole.
Gordo, it was fatigued but so 'appreciative' of being lifted out, if a snake could smile,
i reckon this one was.

lol @ Kupres

looks like a net is a good thing to keep on hand now,I got a bag with a pvc plumbing pipe as an opening the old square shape ..its for the little elapids with the big attitude ,it can be used as a scoop ;)

I reckon you might be right about the smiling Baz, poor thing. I'm impressed it kept itself going for that long. And by the way, everything is about tongs.

Lol @ Kupres, of course we do, and no doubt it'll be discovered that they represent doom and destruction to all life on earth.

Good on ya Baz;), looks like he was using the end of his tail as a little propeller:lol:

Ive had to get a few snakes out of rain water tanks over the years, a nice long branch always does the trick as they are glad to be able to rest on something. Tongs once again are never needed in this situation.

Nice little tiger Baz.

Poor little guy, that must have seemed an eternity for the poor little thing!!! Glad you got him out ok.

i love it snakes are so tough most humans wouldn't survive 24 hours in a situation like that let alone 2 weeks.

great rescue , funny old world tigers in tanks Ive been inthe Albany region of WA for a holiday herping, thats ankle deep in tigers and never see one , but did get a python , keith

Awesome stuff Ssssnakeman,another nice little tiger saved,what a gorgeous speciemen.

Ive had to get a few snakes out of rain water tanks over the years, a nice long branch always does the trick as they are glad to be able to rest on something. Tongs once again are never needed in this situation.

Nice little tiger Baz.

Bollocks!

I have had plenty of snakes turn and 'swim' away from me when they have been in pools. Tongs could help in a similar situation.

cute as Baz , would love to get a callout to a tiger ..who knows oneday I might get the surprise call...but at the moment the only tiger call is a night one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back