Tips on a planted enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDeDah

Reaction score
Hi all,
Today I just purchased my new enclosure from Reptiles As Pets, and I am wanting to go for a live planted enclosure but is that even possible. I have seen pictures but how do you water plants and not ruin the wood? Any tips on how to create a live planted enclosure would be great! :)

I purchased a new enclosure today but how do I install any kind of heating?
This is what the cage looks like, with glass sliding doors at the front.
View attachment 291732
Theirs no plugs for cords ect so what would be the best way to install heating?
Also would an under the tank heater be appropriate?

The easiest method is to get a sparky to install a ceramic lamp holder. Then put a cage around the lamp too. Make sure you have a thermostat too... Underfloor heating is no good for wooden enclosures. However you can set up a heat cord and tile inside easily enough.

Hi all,
Today I just purchased my new enclosure from Reptiles As Pets, and I am wanting to go for a live planted enclosure but is that even possible. I have seen pictures but how do you water plants and not ruin the wood? Any tips on how to create a live planted enclosure would be great! :)
Get the basics down first. Then venture into the world of planted vivariums. One bite at a time :)
"the art of keeping snakes" is a great book on planted vivariums.

Attachments

• wpid-51QXG78VP4LSL500.jpg
    wpid-51QXG78VP4LSL500.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for your reply it was indeed help full! I will have to get a hold of that book :)

I wouldn't keep a planted vivarium in anything over than a glass enclosure. They make a great display but are by no means an easy thing to set up or maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back