To all Bike Riders and Dog Walkers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Specks

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This to all people but more riders and dog walkers. As a person that rides their bike to and from places alot and someone that walks their dog everyday, people that think it is okay to smash glass bottles on paths and roads are just scum.

When i ride i dont just cruze along day dreaming i ride to where i go, i ride to school and to work and most of the time its on roads yet still there is smashed bottles on the ground. It puts me in danger of having to go around these with cars also on the road.

When i walk my dog on a foot path, if there is glass it put my dog in danger of stepping on it and having the potential to seriously injure my dog. Why these people do it i dont know, blind drunk or just pissed and they think," oh where do i put it now " " oh just smash it!". C'mon get some brains and dont smash it.

Are there any others that think this when they see smashed glass on the paths and bike lanes on roads?
Just my 2 cents worth
Cheers

YES! I cycle. When I was out riding with my dad and a family friend (Debbie). We were going down a hill on the highway at Berowra at about 50 kph and we hear a big woosh... It was Debbie back tyre. Lucky it was the back tyre other wise she would have gone flying over the handle bard face first into the sand stone cliff face. Now why someone was there to put a glass bottle there is anyones guess. I hate people who do this they dont realise it puts other people in danger and it also costs over $100 for a new tyre and tubes.

I would like to hear other peoples stories and see what you think people should be able to do to fix it.

Ben

yes the same thing happened for me but there was glass over the path and the only choice i had was to ride over the glass and potentially fall off or go into oncoming traffic, luckily there were no cars coming head on cause that was what i did, i looked t see no cars coming and i said thank god and then whent onto the road

I dont usually wear shoes, i find looking at the ground is a good way of avoiding hazards like glass, needles, dog crap, brown snakes etc.

Its annoying that people smash bottles or litter in anyway, but thats what many humans do.

Doesn't it count as more than littering as it endangers lives?

Doesn't it count as more than littering as it endangers lives?

Maybe, but you would have a hard time trying to find the person to sue them or whatever else. All im saying is that its annoying but its going to happen, so if you are at risk you should be careful. Would rather stand on glass than a needle with hep C, a brown snake or even a large rusty fishing hook left in the mud.

Fishing hooks are more easily removed than glass in my experience.

Fishing hooks are nasty though - stepped on one when I was younger before the angler cast it out - he proceeded to do so with it in my foot as he didn't realise it was in there! The worst bottle incident I've come across was seeing someone in the car in front of me hit bottles that were left in the middle of the road at night - it sent glass flying all across the street.

Larger ones are easier to remove than small ones push the barb through and snip it off then slide it out. My Dad got my thumb. My brother got my arm and My uncle got his lip. Painfull stuff but easier removed than glass.

Larger ones are easier to remove than small ones push the barb through and snip it off then slide it out. My Dad got my thumb. My brother got my arm and My uncle got his lip. Painfull stuff but easier removed than glass.

Ha ha They should try casting for fish instead of you!
You must be an easy catch ; )

By the way you're not going to stop stupid people doing stupid things so the glass will always be there.

agreed mate! i always worry about my pooches' paws and now that i'm riding a fair bit it's stressful always looking for hazards like those.

I agree it is very annoying, and I feel your pain, I'm always going for rides with my children along the bike ways and to the skate etc and there is always glass somewhere along the way, smashed by some inconsiderate individual.
I caught a young kid at the skate park smashing a glass bottle a while ago and I gave him a mouthful and said people like you aren't welcome in our nieghbourhood,then told him to leave, he later came up to me and opologised for doing it.

C'mon guys, now that I've reached the ripe old age of 29 I find there are a lot of things I regret doing as a youngster. But when you're young, dumb and....inconsiderate, you just don't think of the consequences of your actions. I'm sure when all these bottle-smashing punks have to walk their dogs or ride their bikes through broken glass they'll make the same comments, and reflect on how their actions affected other people in the past. Sadly, you just can't beat that irresistable 'pop' when a bottle does get smashed.

C'mon guys, now that I've reached the ripe old age of 29 I find there are a lot of things I regret doing as a youngster. But when you're young, dumb and....inconsiderate, you just don't think of the consequences of your actions. I'm sure when all these bottle-smashing punks have to walk their dogs or ride their bikes through broken glass they'll make the same comments, and reflect on how their actions affected other people in the past. Sadly, you just can't beat that irresistable 'pop' when a bottle does get smashed.

I think of the consequences of my actions ant im 14

well i started this thread about the people that piss me off with smashing bottles so i think it is some dumb (another word for donkey) kids that dont really care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back