To Cut or not

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I cut (lease read post below)

• Cut

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • leave

Votes: 51 81.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W.T.BUY

Hi all just checked my incubator and my eastern beardie eggs have not hatched yet. I've kept them on a constant 28 degrees C. And its been 73 days. Last year they hatched 64 days at 29 degrees. there has been no sign of sweating or collapse. And i can see a fetus inside. Last year they collapsed 7 days prior to hatching. Do you guys reckon i should cut 1 or 2 open to assist or just leave them as they are?

i recon you should cut so that you know how they're coming along and so that the 1/2 u cut have an easier time getting out of the egg

imo if it was ment to happen it was ment to happen
if it doesnt they wernt ment to hatch

Leave thems alone , if you can see stuff in the egg I am sure it will come out sooner or latter!

they're most likely dead. Candle them, you should see fully formed dragons. Now harm in piping them now, except you'll let the smell out :D

Here are some pics of one (i took code reds advice). was thinking i should leave the rest for another week?

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 151
sorry bout quality were taken in a hurry to see what you guys think.

If the eggs look good, I advise you leave them. If they are dead they are dead and opening one won't help, however if they are alive opening one will only lessen it's chances of survival. It would be very very odd for a whole clutch of beardies to die full term if the eggs look OK. Hatchling draw in the yolk just before hatching, without it they won't thrive

Here are some pics of one (i took code reds advice). was thinking i should leave the rest for another week?

well sorry to say this but now u have just taken that poor babys life away because u were impatient and had to cut the egg open what was the point in that?

ughhh i dont want to comment any more.

leave them and they will be fine. dont kill any more of them.

yea well there was more then one suggestion there only one person said cut and imo u took the wrong one. owel cant be changed now.

and codered didnt say cut them he said candle them...

the only person who told u to cut is someone who doesnt and hasnt ever owned a reptile
even the poll is showing a majority saying to leave them there was no point in a poll if u wernt going to listen to what people thought

You're not supposed to remove them from the egg, just cut a slit.

sorry W.T.BUY im not trying to be mean but yea u should get my point.... please dont cut any more of them or get them out the egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back