Tongue piercings - For guys?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks soo bad on guys, but thats just me, could prove to be useful in certain areas, but I wouldnt know, never had the pleasure of being with someone that has one. lol

girl had hers for about 8 years with no ill effects..... girl got over loosing/swallowing balls so took it out felt wierd but ooOOOoo well
guy has had his for about 5 yrs with no ill effects and guy uses his every other day!!! :p :p

but like so many have said its a personal choice that you have to make

I had mine pierced for about 5 years, no problems at all! No chipping, no damage.

It is a pain when the ball comes off though and you're out without a spare - I swallowed the top a few times, and had to go home to get a new one.

I do think it alters your speech a little though.

Also - while it didn't hurt at all, it swelled SO bad for a week after, and I was STARVING, so I ended up pushing tiny bits of cheeseburger down my throat with a chopstick LOL!

ive had my tounge peirce but gone now.talked funny for about a week while it was healing but after that no problems.my advise is to turn the bar bell upside down once it healed so the screw on ball is under ur tounge.i swallowed my ball so removed the whole barbell,and woke up next morning and it had grown over.my opnion is its ur body,u can hardley see it anyway,plus your girl will love it...lol
Um, both balls should screw on and off... And yes, even when the piercing is healed, it can close up within as little as 20 mins. Obviously if you've had it a while, it might take a little longer, but tongues generally close up quickly because the mouth has a lot of bacteria (good & bad), plus saliva which equals very quick healing rate.

I have had my tongue pierced for over a year, and I don't think any less of it on guys than girls. Some people think it makes guys look gay or something, but hey if your girlfriend likes it you can't be gay, can you!

My sister's tongue piercing hasn't caused her any problems and neither has mine, apart from the obvious inhibitions of the initial swelling. From my experience and what I've heard from others, chipping teeth and developing lisps doesn't seem as common as people make out. My sister and I both had trouble speaking and eating during the healing period, but it wasn't lisp-like. It's just trying to speak without using your tongue, e.g. without pronouncing the t, l, th, s etc sounds. If you're still concerned about chipping though, you can buy plastic balls for the bar. But a metal bar can still cause chipping, and plastic can erode a little due to the presence of saliva in the mouth.

Make sure you do your research and go to a trustworthy piercer with all of the required health standards qualifications, and preferably more. Ask if they use an autoclave, if their needles are single use only, if they use anaesthetic, etc. An autoclave is like a giant high temperature steamer - the best method of properly sterilising every part of piercing equipment and jewellery. Certain types of anaesthetic can affect the placement of the piercing, which is especially important with tongue piercings as there are veins, glands and all sorts of things in the tongue that you don't want them to pierce. Also keep in mind that every body is different, so your tongue may or may not be suitable for piercing, depending on how far forward your frenulum is, how close together your veins are, etc. You can find more information on choosing the right piercer/piercing studio on BME.

I've got 10 or so piercings, and have spoken to lots of other people with their tongues pierced, and it seems to me like tongue piercings have the most varied reactions between people. Some have said there was so little pain that they didn't even realise that the piercing was over, that they didn't swell at all and were comfortable eating straight away. Others (my sister and I included) have said it was the most painful piercing they've ever had and that they swelled to the full length of the (18mm) bar and it was a struggle to even drink water. So it just depends what your pain threshold is like and how your body reacts to trauma.

A lot of people don't realise, but the tongue is actually an organ. So if you do get it done, you can tell people you've got an organ pierced :p

i had mine done about 3 years ago,i never even know its there now.It healed fast and wasnt even painful.
its a nice piercing

I think it looks soo bad on guys, but thats just me, could prove to be useful in certain areas, but I wouldnt know, never had the pleasure of being with someone that has one. lol
I think you're privileged to have been with people that *don't* need it ;)

All these girls going on about males with tongue rings & oral pleasure etc sound like lowies.
It's a reptile forum for gods sake. If I wanted to read smutt I would go to an adult only website TY.

A lot of people don't realise, but the tongue is actually an organ. So if you do get it done, you can tell people you've got an organ pierced :p

Yes...and the skin is the largest organ of the integumentary system, therefore everyone with a piercing can say they have an organ pierced.

Hehehe thanks Duke, I think so too, I really dont find them attractive on men at all, and doubt it would make much difference at all for girls or guys. Was kinda taking the P in a way saying "pleasure" lol Oh and ever seen The Sweetest Thing, would hate for a guy to have a PA piercing, would get caught on things and stuck in places you wouldnt want it to:lol: Anyways, if the guy is any good, you shouldnt need enhancements/piercings of any kind!...ANYWHERE!;)

Settle amazonian :p, they are only implying for those who have ever wondered about it, no harm in that is there? I mean, really... Ive read worse on here, sure you have also!

Last edited:
get one i have 2 and my bf has one, if you go to a good piercer once the swellings down they will make a custom bar for you out of bendy plasic junk. and if your getting it to please the ladys you should also get an ampalang piercing

All men should have one, it makes certain bedroom activities completely without compare :p

My fiance will back this claim ;)
Not good for the teeth though-especially when you crunch down on it while tucking into a feed.
Dentists love them $$$$$$

iv had mine done twice, and personally i loved it. only reason for taking it out was because work wouldnt allow it. id get it done again for sure.

id say go for it. once you get one pircing though youll start wanting more.... be warned!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back