"TOUGH" Trivea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A foot is NOT 30cm for god's sake... You can keep Russel Crowe and in fact, we might throw you a few more...

Pavlova is definitely a kiwi invention... as is the Hamilton Jet....

But the Chinese Gooseberry is definitely an exotic (like the apple) but made perfect... like me!

Oh... Back to the foot... 1 foot is 30.48cm - geeez... GET IT RIGHT! I wouldn't accept 1 sig fig as an answer - I'd lke at least 4 sig fig to make it fair!

Though I'd accept 30.5cm...

BTW - centimetres is spelt this way - not centimeters which is incorrect. A meter is a thing that you can read from, like an electricity meter and a metre is a unit of measure which is the exact distance light will travel in 1/299,792,458 of a second!

Last edited:
Hahha when I realised you'd replied Slim I suddenly remembered what side of the ditch you live on !!!!!!!!!!! I'll swap you Russel Crowe and Split Enz for pavlova, and I'll let you steal the gooseberries from Jackie Chan.

Both NZ and Australia have produced some GREATS!

NZ will always have Lord Rutherford of Nelson
Sir Edmund Hillary
and the guy from the Nek Minute youtube videos!

Pretty sure Jesus has the copyright on that one- him and his boys would head out, bring back a coupla snapper and crack open some bread. Good times. I wasn't there; but I read about it somewhere....

So .... who invented fush and chups??

Some guy who lived on the opposite side of the Tasman to the guy who invented fesh n cheps and thinks the number after 5 is sex :rolleyes:

Is this where someone makes a bad taste comment about how a kiwi likes a sheep in the grass? Oh wait...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this where someone makes a bad taste comment about how a kiwi likes a sheep in the grass? Oh wait...

As this is a TRIVIA post - I'll post something 'trivial':

Stats taken from: Myth 8: NZ has 3 million people and 60 million sheep - Population and Sustainable Development

"According to the latest Agricultural Production statistics, released by Statistics New Zealand's Agricultural Production team, there were 40.1 million estimated resident sheep at 30 June 2006."

"There were 132.6 million sheep in Australia in 1994, but this had fallen to 101.3 million a decade later, with the latest Australian Bureau of Statistics's Agricultural Census putting the figure at 91.9 million sheep at 30 June 2006."

Now, to make this even more trivial - Australia has 2.3 times the amount of sheep that NZ has. Other than NZ actually has grass to graze them on, your comment is clearly stereotypically incorrect!

Kiwi's like their sheep anywhere!

I can't get over these terrible stereotypes... They're awful!

Here's another bit of trivia:

Ask yourself this - has there ever been more people in the world than RIGHT now?

Well, some fellow believes that this is complete and utter rubbish - there was well over twice the amount of people on Earth at one stage....

Last edited:
Research points to a NZ cook book that has meringue with fruit as being the first pav though I cant verify if they actually refer to it as a pavlova in the book but the first pav as we know it was purported to have been made at the Palmerston Hotel in Darwin. Not Palmerston NZ.
For the record, NZ gave us the chicken. Where you pick up your boarding pass and chicken your bags at the airport.

One foot is 30.48cm, not 30cm, get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back