Tourism

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tourists?

• We need more.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • THERE ARE ENOUGH!

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ridiculous statement.

Agreed. I have no problem with them speaking different languages, it just annoys me how incredibly rude and arrogant they can be. And I'm not saying LESS tourists, I'm just saying we have lots already. And jannico, I know I was a tourist, I'm talking about tourists from other countries. I know we need tourists, but I'm just saying that in some cities, like Sydney, about 70% of the people walking the streets in the city centre are foreign tourists!

Tourism accounts for about 4.5% of Aussie employment and contributes around $33 billion (about 4% of GDP... i think) a year to our economy. If we didn't have the tourists we could have an extra 900 000 Australians out of work and we would have a 4% cut in our quality of life.

We certaintly wouldn't want any less tourists.

If we didnt have tourists those 900,000 unemployed would be out and about annoying everyone asking questions, taking photos, making stupid comments and raising the ire of internet forum participants who would want them dealt with or expelled from the country for not conforming or just being plain old annoying.
I can see it now, "New anti-Annoyance law see APS shut down" lol.

if we didnt have tourists those 900,000 unemployed would be out and about annoying everyone asking questions, taking photos, making stupid comments and raising the ire of internet forum participants who would want them dealt with or expelled from the country for not conforming or just being plain old annoying.
I can see it now, "new anti-annoyance law see aps shut down" lol.

hahaahahahaaha :)

Cairns relies on tourism all the way and I have been noticing the demographic changes over the years. The Americans, Canadians, Europeans, OK, Scandinavians used to come over in big numbers, they had keen interest in nature and they spent big money. The Japanese wave brought also a lot of money but Gold Coast was doing better.
Now? We have Chinese tourists who don't speak english, they're not interested in anything other than food, they all smoke, cough, snort in public and spit on our foot paths. They're are rude and don't spend any money except on food and that only in Chinese restaurants. In Zoos, they spit on crocodiles and throw cigarette buds onto them. I am totally disgusted! They suppose to be a cultured nation.

As for our culture, aboriginal art is appreciated by some but not by all. Despite of that, the shops in Kuranda and to a lesser degree in Cairns are loaded with anything and everything with dots on it. The tourists are sick of it because it all looks the same to them and every shop sells the same stuff. That's the sort of feedback I hear from tourists that speak english (not the Chinese, they don't even go into the shops).

Oh Adelaide zoo is worse they throw coins on the Alligators trying to land it on their heads. You try telling then that its not nice and ask then how it would feel to have a coin land between your eyes yet they do it anyway. I know for certain that loads of people do it because every time I go to the zoo there is more than $30 in change.

Cairns relies on tourism all the way and I have been noticing the demographic changes over the years. The Americans, Canadians, Europeans, OK, Scandinavians used to come over in big numbers, they had keen interest in nature and they spent big money. The Japanese wave brought also a lot of money but Gold Coast was doing better.
Now? We have Chinese tourists who don't speak english, they're not interested in anything other than food, they all smoke, cough, snort in public and spit on our foot paths. They're are rude and don't spend any money except on food and that only in Chinese restaurants. In Zoos, they spit on crocodiles and throw cigarette buds onto them. I am totally disgusted! They suppose to be a cultured nation.

As for our culture, aboriginal art is appreciated by some but not by all. Despite of that, the shops in Kuranda and to a lesser degree in Cairns are loaded with anything and everything with dots on it. The tourists are sick of it because it all looks the same to them and every shop sells the same stuff. That's the sort of feedback I hear from tourists that speak english (not the Chinese, they don't even go into the shops).

Thats exactly what I mean. The things these people do, especially hurting animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back