Transporting My Green Tree Frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie1

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to transport my green tree frog safely?

I will be re-locating from Sydney NSW to Fremantle WA in November 2009 and will be flying.
The removalist and the airline do not seem like good options to get him there and still be green and happy on the other end.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestion?

Kind Regards,

Frankie1

Have you checked with the relevent authorities that doing this is even allowed? I know you cant import reptiles into WA, might be different with amphibians but...

Have you checked with the relevent authorities that doing this is even allowed? I know you cant import reptiles into WA, might be different with amphibians but...

Maybe someone on this site can let frankie know about the laws about importing into WA.

From my understanding you are only not allowed to import pythons. I know quite a few people that imported lizards and elapids

If Frankie1 is going to go to all the trouble of takeing the frog to WA then as if she is gana let it loose, not that it would survive in the wild at WA. Franki1 asked how to transport it, not laws regarding it

Only reason I raised the question was because a while back a fella on here frieghted a pair of pythons from east to west not knowing the rules and the authorities seized them on arrival.

I wouldnt want that to happen to Frankie1.

If Frankie1 is going to go to all the trouble of takeing the frog to WA then as if she is gana let it loose, not that it would survive in the wild at WA. Franki1 asked how to transport it, not laws regarding it

Oh my gosh Brown .... some people dont even know there are laws reguarding animals in australia .... I dont see anything wrong with saying there is .....

as far as transporting them you might give AAE a call find out if they will or do know of who will do this .....

and as far as the Law goes .... I'd give a call to who you hold your licence under and ask the question if your able to do so .... good Luck :)

Oh my gosh Brown .... some people dont even know there are laws reguarding animals in australia .... I dont see anything wrong with saying there is
You would hope Frankie1 would have tried to do some reasearch prior to posting and has a general idea, as indicated by "The removalist and the airline do not seem like good options to get him there and still be green and happy on the other end".
So who's business is it if she wants to flawt those laws or not, what are you going to do if she decides to? Are you going to snitch? Do u approach people in the street whom drop cigarette buts on the ground, do u call the EPA when you see someone throw rubbish out their car window? I hope you havnt opened anyone else's mail before, omg because thats illegal! Do u speed in your car? If you do i hope you go to the police station and report yourself since your so concerned about laws lol

Sorry igotfrogs but as you can tell it ticks me off, she askd for courier advice not legal....

You would hope Frankie1 would have tried to do some reasearch prior to posting and has a general idea, as indicated by "The removalist and the airline do not seem like good options to get him there and still be green and happy on the other end".
So who's business is it if she wants to flawt those laws or not, what are you going to do if she decides to? Are you going to snitch? Do u approach people in the street whom drop cigarette buts on the ground, do u call the EPA when you see someone throw rubbish out their car window? I hope you havnt opened anyone else's mail before, omg because thats illegal! Do u speed in your car? If you do i hope you go to the police station and report yourself since your so concerned about laws lol

Sorry igotfrogs but as you can tell it ticks me off, she askd for courier advice not legal....

Then why not quit your whinging about legal advice and over some advice on freighting then ???

If it is legal , I really think AAE would be your best option .

You can import Northern Green Tree Frogs to WA and Australian Air Express is probably your best bet. You'll need to get in touch with Adrian Coleman at DEC to arrange your licence and your import permit. His email is : [email protected]

Thanks Lady snake...I am sure that is what frankie needed to know.

calm down Brown_Hair, your taking to much to heart with these threads that your posting in. people here may get alittle off track when answering someones thread, only because their trying to help. so sit back and read all posts made and you never know you may just learn something that will help you answer the next thread without getting on your high horse . cheers

*hands out chill Pills*

I hope you get it sorted and get the little guy's there safe and sound Frankie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back