Transporting Snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey all this christmas i will be going up to townsville area to buy a BHP. ( Have already organised it). I m flying up and getting it as i also want to visit some people up there. have spoken to the flight people and its fine for me to take it back in a secure container, etc. my question is should i put anything in the container with the snake to prevet any discomfort during the trip?
cheers
pete

No, it has to be put with the rest of the animals. I remember seeing something on how to pack for a freight though i can't remember. anyone know?

To freight you need to put the snake in a bag, put the bag in a insulated container (those six pack eskies are cheap and just the right size).If there is a bit of room then just put in some crumpled newspaper to stop the snake from being jostled too much. If the container can be opened, then it needs to be taped shut so it can not come open during transit.
Oh, don't forget air-holes in the container. Make sure at least 3 sides have air-holes in case it gets put up against something that might block the holes on one side.

Thanks greebo . :)
I also like pete couldnt remember exactly how to do it ,i did remember the esky and the bag just not the newspaper and airholes on 3 sides
Cheers mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back