Trapping Felines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbour's pet doesn't qualify as 'feral'

It does in my books, Why should other people living in the area have to put up with roaming
cats. As soon as they leave the owners property they are fair game.
We tried trapping and handing over to the pound which in turn notified the owners they collected
thier beloved cats and let them roam again. Now we just make them vanish!

Saximus, Get a fish based cat food and place a very small amount (teaspoon) at the entrance of
the trap another in the centre and a nice helping over the other side of the trip plate. This usually
works well.

Last edited:
sometimes they get deterred by the plate trigger. try putting down some newspaper over the entire cage floor, follow stimigex and wing_nut's tips and you should be fine. is your rat shed out of earshot from your neighbours? sometimes they make a racket, not something you want your neighbours to hear in the middle of the night. hehe

I used a raw steak or chop in mine and it worked within an hour. My cousin regulary traps cats and he uses cans of sardines in his. Hope this helps you.

Remember that if you trap it and take it to the pound and the neighbours get it back, the next time it will be very trap shy and much more difficult to catch!

Do it once, do it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back