Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats interesting never knew any pythons had venom, where did you find that out?
I completely agree that tree snakes are awesome snakes, definately my favorite snake out of what we can keep in Australia.

Dr Bryan Fry discovered that most(possibly all?) colubrids have venom, even those without fangs. The thing to keep in mid is that just because something is venomous doesnt necessarily mean it is dangerous at all.

His site has the relevant info and also forums
www.venomdoc.com

Anything that produces saliva could be classed as venomous. Saliva also helps to break down food as we eat.

Am i the only one getting annoyed at him saying they are poisonous? lol

LOL :p...cris i heard about the woma (aspidites) being venomous through the snake myths thread i'm still in 2 minds though over the whole topic ...

Am i the only one getting annoyed at him saying they are poisonous? lol

LOL, im here to learn..in my case...im a rookie, so i take it in...i think your the only one :lol:

cris: thats...ewwwwww:(

Luke

so...anymore advice, pics (especially of enclosures) is much appreciated

Luke

I've kept a brown tree snake for a year or so now and really don't treat it too differently than that of a python. It's in a 800 x 450 x 450 size enclosure. All of my snakes have a sphagnum moss base in their hides which I add water to when any are due to slough and believe it is necessary for maintaining some sort of humidity level for brown tree snakes (what others do I have no idea)

I think the tree snakes are more fascinating than the pythons - but it's probably because they are so different in their nature. I'll also add to the advice given, and that is to find one already feeding on rodents. Go for it ;)

thanks. moose noose

anyother helpful info???

cheers,

Luke

What a beautiful snake... :) I wish I could see one in person

GTS has Venom? -Challenge Accepted

Dr Bryan Fry discovered that most(possibly all?) colubrids have venom, even those without fangs. The thing to keep in mid is that just because something is venomous doesnt necessarily mean it is dangerous at all.

His site has the relevant info and also forums
www.venomdoc.com

Re: that website.....I dont see him ruling in GTS as having venom glands.

Also I found this mentioning GTS, they DONT have venom glands.

http://www.wettropics.gov.au/st/st_pdf/tropical_topics/33 Lizards.pdf

I personally think they dont either, and I know for a fact they have no fangs (Front or back).

Let us GTS luvers all celebrate the renewing of this snakes mantle of NON VENOMOUS, and certainly having NO venom or venom glands.

I remain totally unconvinced that it does, unless someone can show me the anatonmy of a GTS showing these Venom glands. And a GTS too, not some random

Next time I hope we dont take generalisations about colubrids and try to cloud the real facts about the GTS.

All hail our NON venemous snake ......the GTS, yay.

guys, just stop about that, we don't want a fight and have someone suspended. even if they have venom they can't use it.

done done

YAY we are all happy.

now can someone help me abit more please?

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back