Troll?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eitak

Reaction score
I've being seeing this word everywhere of late. What is trolling? Is it just where people purposely start drama? Or is it when they add a person an say fb just to stalk them? I'm confused :S

On another note whats OP

yes pretty much.. trouble makers. Troll the forums sticking their nose in to make trouble.. Anarchy

From Saximus' Urban Dictionary.:)
Troll;
id="entries" width="475" style="border-collapse: collapse; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; width: 475px; margin-bottom: 5px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0)"
|- style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px"
| colspan="2" id="entry_5096" style="vertical-align: top; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; padding-right: 15px; line-height: 1.8; padding-bottom: 10px" | One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

|-

And remember never feed a troll
7a6c3e67-2315-b631.jpg

A few users on here are trolls. Its really obvious when a dopey sounding thread is started with a new user account with only 1 or 2 posts in the history. Usually its stuff like "My snake is like biting me and I think its like scared should I grab it by the head and hold it down until it like gets used to me? Would feeding it live rats make it less bitey?" and so on. The moment I see the low post count and can see the user is playing a game I close it and bail.

Can I post links to other forums (non herp related) on here? There is THE BEST troll thread EVER on another forum. This guy makes fake FB profiles and trolls the hell out of people, and screen shots it (after hiding all the names on the post) and pastes it in the thread. So hilarious.

Oh the Ironies...

^^ Which in hindsight looks more like 'iron-ies' rather than irony's :lol:

the original meaning of the word troll is that big creature you have in scandinavian fairytails. This creature supposed to live in the mountains or forest, he capture people if the walk alone and the only way to kill him is to get him out in the sun. Then he will turm into a big rock:). You know, the troll who lives under the bridge in the three billy goats f.i:lol:

Check out "The Art of Trolling" on the cheezburger network. You'll get the idea soon enough. Personally I think it's just overly bored people with nothing better to do than sit and snigger to themselves on the other side of their keyboard. There are better ways of amusing yourself... I'll leave that statement right there open to your imagination ;)

If you want to learn the art of trolling just browse basically any 4chan /b/ thread. And just remember; newfags can't triforce :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back