Tropical fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisZhang

Reaction score
Anyone of this site keep tropical fish? If so what sort? How many tanks?
I keep flowerhorns (one in my pic), Bristlenose catfish (Peppermint, Albinos), I keep L number catfish too, L397, L333, L134, L168.
I got 9 tanks
So what do you keep?
Cheers
Chris

hey chris i also keep a mix.
have 3 community tanks with mainly the live barers breeding in them then an american and a few african tanks, have plecs in each tank and cherry and zebra shrimp in the ones where they wont get eaten lol
also have a a fair amount of different species of corys :)

hehhe i work at an aqurium, ive got designated tanks at the aquarium that ive set up and are mine though, three arowana's a white gibbiceps, a birchir in a 1800 litre tank. Then a 500 litre FOWLR tank with a lionfish and a batfish. a 700 litre planted tank with a few denison barbs and the list goes on!~

hey mate i keep oscars,red devils,convicts,trimacs and flowerhorns also,can you post some pics of yours,(flowerhorn)

ive got
1 red devil
2 Angel fish
2 golden gourami
2 blue gourami
2 bristle nose

the red devil is in a tank on his own

Luke1 did you breed the albino and pep together?
and arowanas price around $300 and bichir depends on the kind roughly around $300+

Last edited:
I dont keep any fish at the moment but I used to have a planted community tank and an african cichlid tank. I also used to breed 7 bar frontosa's, sailfin and clown plecos, albino and peppermint bristlenose and venustus.

I keep a coupe of golden gouramis, a few rainbow sharks, a couple of blue crays and a big old Oscar

Luke the tanks are in the shop, i work at the shop... these are esentially "my tanks" as i have set them up and take care for them and the fish, but yea they are owend by the shop. well theres a silver aro thats massive a green base chilli red and a normal saratoga (jardini) the birchir is a ornate (i think) and we got him recently hes great fun to watch! the marine tank is pretty basic but looks nice forgot to add that in the marine tank there is a parrot fish

I keep Aussie natives, snakehead gudgeon, empire gudgeon, purple spot gudgeon, salmon tail cat, tandanus cat, sleepy cod. The sleepy cod & snakehead gudgeon go crazy for live feeder barbs & koi. Splash n smash! Unforunately one of my snakeheads decided he could fit one of my purple spots down his gob. He couldn't of course, but still managed to kill the PSG.
There's some pics in my albums if you're interested, need updating tho'.

I keep Aussie natives, snakehead gudgeon, empire gudgeon, purple spot gudgeon, salmon tail cat, tandanus cat, sleepy cod. The sleepy cod & snakehead gudgeon go crazy for live feeder barbs & koi. Splash n smash! Unforunately one of my snakeheads decided he could fit one of my purple spots down his gob. He couldn't of course, but still managed to kill the PSG.
There's some pics in my albums if you're interested, need updating tho'.

you feed your fish Kois?
arnt they expensive? or do you mean goldfish
cheers

you feed your fish Kois?
arnt they expensive? or do you mean goldfish
cheers

No, they are koi. The shop I get them from gets excess stock from a breeder* (the koi are only 30-40mm in length). $15 for 10. They last about an hour......if that. I do have a chuckle at the thought of a potential collectable koi getting hammered by a sleepy cod.

They are out of stock at the moment, so it's back to feeder barbs (small tiger barbs). They last longer than the koi, a bit more aware of danger, whereas the koi just sit there & get eaten.

*When I say "breeder", I believe it's a bloke with a big pond that is just getting rid of excess fish to prevent overpopulation, I don't think he does it for "show animals" or anything. A koi is just a big goldfish anyway, they breed like crazy.

koi are acuatally illiegal to keep, they have whiskers and a better color than a goldfish, feeder barbs are good too

koi are acuatally illiegal to keep, they have whiskers and a better color than a goldfish, feeder barbs are good too

Must be a Vic thing then, there's heaps here, you'll find them for sale in heaps of aquarium shops. Yeah I know they colour up better than goldies, but I've found they get eaten whatever colour they are ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back