Tropical fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to keep alot of fish at one point I have a 4ft x 2ft x 2ft tank filled with angels, corys, bristle noses, platys, mollies, neons, glass catfish, blind cave fish and a black ghost knife. As well as I think 4 other tanks filled with breeders and one smaller community tank, and 2 or 3 little tanks with fighting fish

At the moment I only have 2 small tanks on in my room with my archer fish and one in the living room with neons, paradise fish, plattys and corys oh and a fighter

I keep/sell alot of fish ( over 300 tanks) , only keep some CRS and aros at home now. rest are bussness.

yea sure did......they go nuts, just found out they've got another 60+ eggs :rolleyes:
really? huh i heard they were in the thousands thats why i was to lazy to get one....and if a bichir is what im thinking of i was told that too buy some guy from ANGFA

Can you please post a pic of their fries?
Just a little curios to see what they look like as I have heard that they are a different type of brisltenose altogether, never heard of anyone saying that they bred them together

and i forgot to say that a silver arowana costs around $300, the most common one, whereas you can get a green one for $600+ and other dif types of asians arowanas.

Only tropical fish I keep are betta splendens (siamese fighters). have 9 at the moment, 4 males, 5 females, have a pair in the breeding setup at the moment, ready to spawn this weekend

hey chris..is that actually your flowerhorn or claiming someone elses pic..i havent seen any flowerhorns like yours in oz or did you get it imported from thailand/usa

photo-2.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg

photo.jpg

some photos of them when they were a lil younger

Currently;

Coral Trop Marine
NT (Black & White) Nemo's
Blue surgeon (Dory)
Banana Wrasse
Coral Banded Shrimp
2x Sea Sausages

Community Tank with Turtle
Neons
Julii Corys
Clown Loachs
Glass Catfish
2x Breeding Pairs of Bristles
Siamese Flying Fox

Yabby with White Clouds (food)

Had various other marines in the past
Favourites were Breeding Pair of Maroon Clowns & Tiger Blenny

I work randomly at an aquarium - so I have also looked after a number of display tanks

Good fun but very expensive hobby

Attachments

• fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 67
  • yabby 008.jpg
    yabby 008.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 69
Currently;

Coral Trop Marine
NT (Black & White) Nemo's
Blue surgeon (Dory)
Banana Wrasse
Coral Banded Shrimp
2x Sea Sausages

Community Tank with Turtle
Neons
Julii Corys
Clown Loachs
Glass Catfish
2x Breeding Pairs of Bristles
Siamese Flying Fox

Yabby with White Clouds (food)

Had various other marines in the past
Favourites were Breeding Pair of Maroon Clowns & Tiger Blenny

I work randomly at an aquarium - so I have also looked after a number of display tanks

Good fun but very expensive hobby

How big is the community tank and what sort of turtle is in it? are they living together peacefully?

do the yabbies eat the catfish?

i have a few suckerfish in my croc tank but would love to put some yabbies in there for him to eat.
but im afraid the yabbies will eat my suckerfish.

i currently have my waterdragon tank set up with a big 3.5ft x2x2 fish tank.
in there are sharks, clown loaches, glass catfish, chilli barbs, rosey barbs, baby koi, red tail shark? and some aussie rainbow looking fish. most of these were in my bf's tank with his turtles and will go back there. he also had 2 big silver dollars, 2 big gourami of sorts and an angel fish.

my 4ft tank under this big tank which is like a sump has my 3 oscars (2 normal 1 albino), my pearl gourami, powder blue gourami, dwarf gourami and yellow gourani. also has a few rosey barbs and some red eye tetras?, and my bf's cool little Scat's. at the moment they are still small and have the bright highlighter orange colour down the top and back of them :) pretty sweet!

but that 4ft tank will soon be rid of most of those fish and will be my african cichilid tank and im hoping to get some electric yellows and blues, keep the oscars and get some venustus and others :)

my bf also has a marinie tank. its 6X2X2 ft. in there he has a blue starfish, a sea apple, cleaner wrasse, reef rabbit fish, foxface rabbit fish, 2 maroon clown fish, another clown fish with yellow fins and face (not sure of name), fire gobbi, sleeper gobbi, brown tang, yellow tang, sailfin tang, hmm what else, a coral beauty, i think there might be other stuff in there but alot has died and stuff it is the biggest waste of money! he also has a small 3ft tank that used to have his lion fish and a yellow angel fish but both of them died! the lion fish was cool. so ow there are 3 regular clown fish in there and one black and white one :)

Attachments

• 21082009584.jpg
    21082009584.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 21082009589.jpg
    21082009589.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 89
  • 21082009592.jpg
    21082009592.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 24072009509.jpg
    24072009509.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 93
i currently have my waterdragon tank set up with a big 3.5ft x2x2 fish tank.
in there are sharks, clown loaches, glass catfish, chilli barbs, rosey barbs, baby koi, red tail shark? and some aussie rainbow looking fish. most of these were in my bf's tank with his turtles and will go back there. he also had 2 big silver dollars, 2 big gourami of sorts and an angel fish.

my 4ft tank under this big tank which is like a sump has my 3 oscars (2 normal 1 albino), my pearl gourami, powder blue gourami, dwarf gourami and yellow gourani. also has a few rosey barbs and some red eye tetras?, and my bf's cool little Scat's. at the moment they are still small and have the bright highlighter orange colour down the top and back of them :) pretty sweet!

but that 4ft tank will soon be rid of most of those fish and will be my african cichilid tank and im hoping to get some electric yellows and blues, keep the oscars and get some venustus and others :)

my bf also has a marinie tank. its 6X2X2 ft. in there he has a blue starfish, a sea apple, cleaner wrasse, reef rabbit fish, foxface rabbit fish, 2 maroon clown fish, another clown fish with yellow fins and face (not sure of name), fire gobbi, sleeper gobbi, brown tang, yellow tang, sailfin tang, hmm what else, a coral beauty, i think there might be other stuff in there but alot has died and stuff it is the biggest waste of money! he also has a small 3ft tank that used to have his lion fish and a yellow angel fish but both of them died! the lion fish was cool. so ow there are 3 regular clown fish in there and one black and white one :)

the first pic is awesome, does the water dragon ever eat or attack the fish?

How big is the community tank and what sort of turtle is in it? are they living together peacefully?

Standard 6ft tank, ELN turtle only a juvi - I predict the neons will be the first to go, however at this stage everything is peachy.

The yabby is in her own tank. I wouldn't suggest mixing yabbies with anything you want to live. The only way I guess would be taking off the claws - but that is a little cruel.

Yabbies eat at night - fish sleep at night -> you do the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back