trouble shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CandiceJ

Not so new Member
Reaction score
a spotted of mine is having a bad shed, she started out bad, just little bits and peices but now is stuck with a solid band- about 5 cm around her middle. Her brother shed great the day after she started, anyway, just a couple of questions-
how long at most should it take, should i worry after a certain amount of time?
i have put her water under her light, and misted the enclosure, she has even cruised through her water bowl a few times but i have heard you can put them in shallow water for a day to help. Can somebody please explain this a little better, like at what height should i have the water, what temp etc? and would a heat mat keep the water warm?
Thanks guys, starting to worry bout my little man :(

give him a bath in 25-28 degree water for about 10 minutes. put it in a damp warm (~28 degrees) for a while as that will be humid and it will have something to rub on.

thats all i can think of at the moment

give him a bath in 25-28 degree water for about 10 minutes. put it in a damp warm (~28 degrees) for a while as that will be humid and it will have something to rub on.

thats all i can think of at the moment

right thanks, put him in a damp what? sorry didnt quite get that bit? lol

get a container with a lid, put enough water in it to cover the python, keep the temp at around 30c and soak it for about 20-30m, keep an eye on it, then let it rub through a damp towel, if it doesn't all come off, repeat.

A proper slough should not take long at all as long as the snake has access to something rough and hard.

Whenever my small RBBS has a troubled slough, Warm water in a small tub and also some torn newspaper.
The water should be just deep enough to cover the snake (So its belly can still rest on the ground).
The newspaper is there for it to rub on and climb through. Paper is good as when it's soggy, it's heavy and can rub all sides of the snake.
After 10 mins, take the little guy out and see what you can gently peel off. Anything that is still stuck, leave there and put the snake in for another soak.
Repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back