Tub talk

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use tubs myself...but if the bottoms aren't flush...couldn't you just lay the heat cord down THEN sandwhich it in with a tight fitting sheet of styrofoam to keep the heat in?

For visibility get an old photo frame leave the glass in there (hot glue any gaps if the glass fitting is loose) then use a soldering iron to cut a hole where ever u want in the size of the photo frame. Then hot glue it on and u have a perfect little viewing window.

"Bell's" tubs have got excellent flat bottoms once you pop the wheels off...they are a bit more expensive....but if you live in the area I suppose you could pick them up "direct"....otherwise stocked by Bunnings who I think just about double the price.

hi there i nought some of those tubs with wheels then melted the bottom off but they still wernt heating up properly so i bought the 3x18 specials from big w they have a flat bottom spent a lot of time looking all the tubs i saw seem to have the little wheels like you mentioned kenshin

I use starmaid tubs on 80w heat cord on habistat pulse proportion thermostats and have no issues keeping the heat in over winter.

i just went to starmaids factory direct outlet to see if i could get there 52lt tubs cheaper - NO there $5 more then bunnings sell them :shock::shock: even buying a carton of them wasnt any cheaper then bunnings .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back