Turtle breeding questions ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue as you
my turtles breed every year, the first couple of years when i was not prepared they would just dump their eggs in the water, but now i move them to an outside pond during the summer.

My new 7 ft tank arrives next week, it has a divider placed one foot in from one end that goes 9 inches high, so essentally there will be 6F of water and one foot of land

Doing that only cost me an extra 20 bux on my tank

ild consider that if i were you, im sure you could fit somthing simmular yourself

take care

i have a question about breeding turtles. how the hell does an animal with most of its body covered in hard shell manage to have sex.............;)

i have a question about breeding turtles. how the hell does an animal with most of its body covered in hard shell manage to have sex.............;)

Its a risky business especially for a saw shell:shock: :lol:

hehe. yeah good point :oops:
lol, chris, i guess there is an upside to humans having soft skin huh ;)

What size are your turts
They need to be a certain size before they become sexually active

Very true
mine are around 20 cm

i dont think they will breed untill they reach around that size

One of my pairs was breeding thismorning in a 6 F tank

My new 7 ft tank arrives next week, it has a divider placed one foot in from one end that goes 9 inches high, so essentally there will be 6F of water and one foot of land

Love to see some pics when it arrives.

Very true
mine are around 20 cm

i dont think they will breed untill they reach around that size

I have been told that Murray Short nects will if they are over 12cm
Not sure if this is the same for long necks

For sure i will
Just gota hope my Turtle doesent want to lay between now and then lol

You could be right there not too sure i only keep long necks and broad shells

mine are around 12cm shell length
i dont actually think they will breed, im just making sure im prepared if they do

If they do it should be happening really really soon Mine have been going at it on and off for a few weeks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back