Turtle Help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle_Scott

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on here, but I just want to say what a great site. So many useful tips and great info. I wish I knew about this when I had my spotted about 5 years ago (I miss Snakey)!

Anyway the point of this is that I am looking into buying a pair or turtles. I have got my setup ready. And I have applied for my licence again which should come through in the next few days or so. Now for the fun bit, buying the turtles. I have wanted one of these guys since I can remember so want to make sure I get everything right first time!
  • Firstly does anyone have suggestions on the best place to buy the little fellas (or ladies) in Brisbane? I know of a couple, but just wanted to see what else was out there.
  • Also I think I am wanting to get a Murray River Short Neck and a Saw Shelled. Does anyone think I should not do this, if not can you explain why please?
  • Literature that I have read varies on eventual sizes of turtles, so I also wanted to make sure these both grow to around the same size.
I guess also any other species suggestions or just general keeping ideas would be welcomed and much appreciated.

Look forward to your help and responses.

Cheers

hey, i brought my murray river turtle from Yippeio Pet store at browns plains they are really good there and about $95 i think .
yes u can have them housed together as long as they are relatively the same size, however saw shelled are harder to get a hold of then murray .
not sure about saw shelled but i know murray turtles shell gets about the size of a dinner plate. hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back