Turtle Requirements..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the previous page for a good diet - should have a variety of foods. Keep dog food to a minimum as it has very high levels of vitamin D which can cause toxicity if given too often.

Turts diet needs to be veried
try things to see what they like but remember mostly meats but in saying that mostly fish

bloodworms are ok but really offer nothing for the turtles needs
go for small cut up peices of fish and earth worms

and 4 ft equalis 122cm

as for sides it depends if you want a 14 inch side or 18 inch side

i would recomend 18 inch sides gives them more room to swin around, 18 inch is 45 cm

and also buy an external canister filter, i realise they are expensive but it is soo worth it in the long run

i have been feeding my turtle frozen turtle dinner for over 1 year, and there aint anything wrong with it.
buying yabbies, shrimps worms and all that crap gets expensive for a younger kid to buy all the time.

Frozen turtle food is ok, but not all the time be sure to vary your turtles diet
Turtle blocks are quite simply not part of their natural diet. This goes for pallets too

i give my turtle feeder fish and gold fish and occasionally every fortnight blood worms, but the basis of his diet is the frozen cubes. and then all the other stuff is treats for him

Thats a better diet
go for yabbies tho they love em, just yank of their nippers first lol

I like yabbies, so do my turts :p

Anyways you can feed them everything I have listed HERE but add some fruit and veggies for shortnecks aswell. Mine love cucumber, pumpkin, watermelon and water plants!

Omg turtle pudding is a defo! but I am gona stick to blood worms, vegetables, crickets etc.

Yabbies is mean :(

Only 2? unlucky , I usualy get a good haul then keep them in tanks while slowly feeding them off to the turtles (I also freeze some if I get lots)slowly.

I have always put them in large tanks coz i read in a couple of places they kill each other and get stressed without like 40cm (dont know by wat)

I just had a spare and used that, and I dont think u would have to many fatalitys if only keeping them for a short time.

Good night everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back