Turtle!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdsixtyone

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Last year mum said to me when we move and get settled i am allowed get a couple of turtles:D. Would a 2ftL x 1ftW x 1ftH be big enough for a hatchy?:| Also what should basking temps be for a Long Neck? What type of plat form (the ones that stick onto the side from petshops or a glass one)? And any other helpful info.
Thanx Jordy:D

Hey

i have a short neck turtle and i think i can help firstly a 2ft tank will be fine for one turtle but when it gets bigger you will have to up grade. We built a pond for our turtle so we don't have to worry about uv rays. But if you have to keep your turtle inside a reptile light (make sure it produces UVB raise) will be fine. Make sure you have a practical basking spot for your turtle to get out of the water and be completely dry. Make sure its easy to get onto and safe.

also lots of turtles suffer from malnutrition always give your turtle/s a lot of variety. Including - meats fruits and vegies.:D

Hey Jordy

You could house a hatchling eastern long neck turtle in a two foot tank for the first year or so.
I'm unsure of what the basking temps should be for an ELN but nothing to hot.
I strongly recommend you get the floating docks from the pet shops as the docks that are built in the aquarium have the little pebbles on them and to a young turtle, it can damage its plastron.....

Cheers, Jake

Thanks guys. Garry yes i am a member on AFT. Just signed up after i posted this. Any one else. Also any pics of setups would be great.
Thanks Jordy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back