Turtles and extras

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
My cousins boyfriend is starting an "Australian freshwater" display, including baramudi(trying to convert to fresh water from brackish).
I suggested maybe some turtles and he jumped at the idea.
just wonder what type/size of turtles would be reccomended.

Ok well I have no idea how big baramundi are but the most common turtle kept in NSW in the eastern long necked turtle which grows to about 20cm, another popular turtle is the Murray short necked turtle which grows to approx 25cm. If you are looking for something larger then probably the northern long necked turtles grow to be 30. However you must keep in mind that it could take a turtle 10 years to reach these sizes, most tutles will reach around 10cm in 5 years.

actually most captive turtles grow to 10 cm in just 1 year. how big will this display be and what temp?

I go fishing all the time up here and barra can get HUGE. I have seen barra over 45 pounds a few times and in a lot of places they grow well over a metre. And in some of the more un-fished area's the avg size of fish caught is over 70cm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back