Tutle help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzz

Reaction score
a few months ago i noticed a dark colouration around his shell and i emailed craig off the fresh water turtle forum and he said it was nothing to worry about its just shedding.

over exams i havent been paying as much attention to my turtles as i should have been and someone has rearanged my filter causing it to not work... so i dont know how long that was off for but the water was not good when i cleaned it out. this is what my turtle looks like now, definitely some shedding issues just wondering if anyone thinks its shell rot? hes still swimming around and eating fine and my other turtle is completely fine. temps are 25-29

any ideas? or vet straight away?

(btw i have emailed craig a couple of weeks ago and he is yet to repy so im putting it on here)

DSCF0630.jpg

ps just realised the title says tutle.. sorry!

anyone?

Last edited:
looks like it could just be having shedding problems, whats to water toxicity? and r u still using the right lights. is the shell hard. its not an internal infection( can be seen by a pink colouration around the shell where the legs meet). try taking hi out of te water for and hour t dry off. then apply some betadine (sorry bout the spelling) and let it dry for an hour before putting him back in repeat twice a day for a few days if it doesn't help try the vet. hope it goes well
good luck

yeah everything is ok now, just for about a week the water was really acidic because my pump was turned off. Thats what we were planning on doing in the next couple of days =] the other turtles fine and i thought shell rot was contagious so hoping its not that...

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back