Twitching

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJtorana

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my 2 year old carpet/diamond intergrade had mites, so I used "callington TOD" or "top of descent" - and followed the directions to the T... The next day his whole body was twitching violently, almost like convultions... I took him out out strieght away and put him in an open air tank in the sun, he started to stop twitching, and looked healthy again for the whole day. I checked him every 1/2 hour. After about 5 hours he was twitching again. When removed and placed on the table he was opening his mouth 180deg. And looked to be parralised - apart from the whole body twitch. He slowly started to be movement back and is very slow and very twitchy...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dan.
:-(

i have said it all a long tod sucks it is dodgy as hell

Realy? I have never used it before... It said it was non toxic! Liars...

if you dont think it will make it through the night try and find an after hours vet. grab reptile magazines and look through them for vets or the yellow pages and start ringing. hope it works out for your snake and you

theres not much you can do vets are no good just hope your snake can get though it hope all turns out good paul

Ok, thanks people... I'm gonna try find an after hours reptile vet in Sydney - any sugestions?

that stuff kills snakes i have seen it heaps of times dodgy as

Im in turramurra, northern suburbs.. So how should mites be treated without using tod?

thousands of people have used it before and thousands will use it again, and only occassionly you will hear that someone has had a problem.
It could be how you have used it, Not enough ventilation, Too many sprays for too small an enclosure or too much sprayed directly on the animal. Companies such as callington spend millions of dollars on research and production, I seriously doubt that the product is "No good" maybe a bit of user discretion is required.
I would definatly take the animal to a vet ASAP.

im not sure but ive heard its good if you increase temperature in enclosure since he seemed to be ok when he was out in the sun ( im not sure)
Hope he turns out ok :(

I do agree geck, I'm a firm believer of research, and I know they wouldn't spend the money if the product didn't work, but I did use discretion - it said to leave him out for about 15 min's. I left him out for an hour or so. And his tank's roof is all mesh. Also sprayed less than advised (young snake, small enosure)... So could it be something else?
(my dad is looking up vets anyway)

I do agree geck, I'm a firm believer of research, and I know they wouldn't spend the money if the product didn't work, but I did use discretion - it said to leave him out for about 15 min's. I left him out for an hour or so. And his tank's roof is all mesh. Also sprayed less than advised (young snake, small enosure)... So could it be something else?
(my dad is looking up vets anyway)
Im not sure mate, Maybe give Callington a call on Tuesday they should have a customer service line. In the meantime I hope your snake pulls through but prevention is always the best remedy.

what i am saying ive used it before no worries and i have used it other times with different snakes i have given them the tinyest of sprays and the snake will do the tremmer thing it dosent happen all the time but there is a very real risk of the stuff killing your snake its ok to spray your enclosure out but make sure you air it out real good i have had people ask me why i use so much . i dont use much of the stuff at all saying that ive seen a certain person use heaps of the stuff with no problems if your into elapids tod kills babys like you wouldnt believe the only reason i have used tod is because i keep snakes out side and some times they come in side cheers paul :D

There's another thread somewhere on here about what sounds like the exact same problem.

TOD causing writhing, mouth opening and twitching. Not sure where :( I stumbled on it a few days ago whilst trawling through old posts. I'm not certain if the snake in question was okay or not in the end. Keep us posted on how it goes, so hopefully if it happens again in the future, someone else can find this thread and get some quick advice :)

There's another thread somewhere on here about what sounds like the exact same problem.

TOD causing writhing, mouth opening and twitching. Not sure where :( I stumbled on it a few days ago whilst trawling through old posts. I'm not certain if the snake in question was okay or not in the end. Keep us posted on how it goes, so hopefully if it happens again in the future, someone else can find this thread and get some quick advice :)

That person used two products. Not sure which one was causing the problems with the snake but didn't sound like the TOD. The thread is here

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/herp-help/snake-may-be-very-sick-100785

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back