two females one male.. will this work??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxon

Reaction score
I know it works for us.However, I was wondering if my male can breed to two females in the one season and will he?

Ive heard of it happening before on a few occasions, so i reckon you should have a good chance too.

Ive used one male over 6 females before with all producing eggs.
Rob

thanks guys just making sure before i forked out for another female.

Ive used one male over 6 females before with all producing eggs.
Rob

hi rob,
i've been reading most of your posts and while some disagree with your methods i think you have a great way of doing things and i have been doing the same types of things with heating and so on, but i've only kept reptiles for about 3 years so haven't bred yet, apart from my bluey's, i've got 2 pair of coastals together now, so with any luck i might get something this season,
the question i'd like to ask is about the 1 male with 6 females, i've always been told that it should be 1 on 1,
do you put 1 male with more then 1 female at the same time in the same cage or do you rotate the male from cage to cage, but only having him with 1 female at any time, i hope you can understand what i'm asking, i'll look forward to hearing your reply, feel free to pm me if you wish,

cheers,
steve.........

i want to know the same as steve if you have a trio, which i do can you put them alltogther or should the male be rotated

i have seen males moved from one cage to another in regards to diff females and i have seen a group consisting of 1male and 3 female in the one cage and all females produced.

thanks ricko,
i have 2 pair of coastals together (2 cages)at the moment and had planed to change the males over every now and then as one male is a bit young, only 18 months old, but he is over 4 foot, was hoping for his scent to stir the other male up when they are changed over, i was going to put the older male together with the 2 girls but was told that it wouldn't work, and also was told that a male was only good for 1 female per year, at least i can gather from this info that the best thing to do is try different things and find what works for each snake,

cheers,
steve.........

Yeah, both work, but you have better sucsess as a rule moving from tank to tank, as when all in a group the male will tend to favour some females over others. Bit like us really. hehe. When no ones around to see, even the ugly ones get a turn.
Rob

Re: RE: two females one male.. will this work??

The Rock said:
Bit like us really. hehe. When no ones around to see, even the ugly ones get a turn.
Rob
Hahahahhahahahha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: Re: RE: two females one male.. will this work??

pmsl The Rock you funny bugger mate, but the fact that your right all the way its even more amusing

Yeah, both work, but you have better sucsess as a rule moving from tank to tank, as when all in a group the male will tend to favour some females over others. Bit like us really. hehe. When no ones around to see, even the ugly ones get a turn.
Rob

hi rock,
thanks for the info, i'm glad to see that ive decided on the better way of doing it, maybe next year i'll try both ways, but i'll make sure the girls are all sexy looking hotty's,

cheers,
steve...........

cheers from me to, thanks ill go ahead and get a few more then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back