Two Storey Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawra

Come here Squishy!
Reaction score
Ok so I haven't even finished my first adult tank but I think it needs to bigger...

I started this with the idea that a vent in the top would eventually become access to an enclosure above and I'm thinking I'll have to start construction of it ASAP.

I've seen tv cabinet enclosures where this sort of idea is used and I'm wondering how I should work the heating and venting. I've got three ceramic light fittings, a CHE (currently in use), a red heat globe and a 50W 7m heat cord (because I couldn't decide what I wanted to use).

Should I heat the top enclosure and cool the bottom one? Keeping in mind I'm in qld and currently running the air con during the day and using frozen water bottles while I'm not there just to keep them cool.

Current enclosure is terrestrial 1500x500x500 with a rock wall and coir so I think I'll make the top one taller as an "outside" kinda one with ferns, branches and fake grass. It's for a woma so I thought it'd be like a downstairs dark burrow and upstairs bright sunshine.

What does everyone think? All feedback is welcome :)

what about somehow having one below with a pvc pipe as entry so it could act like a burrow? Its not as if you desperately need space either as 1500 x 500 x 500 is a decent size for an adult. Anyway thats just my idea.

what about somehow having one below with a pvc pipe as entry so it could act like a burrow? Its not as if you desperately need space either as 1500 x 500 x 500 is a decent size for an adult. Anyway thats just my idea.

That's pretty much what I was trying to describe haha although I haven't thought about what to use as passage from top to bottom. A pipe sounds cool but possibly a branch of some sort... I could always just leave it open for him to figure out how to get up and down: there are plenty of "rocks" to climb on.

Any reason you think the current one wouldn't make a good bottom/burrow?

Thanks for your input :)

Hi Laura
did you see how I did mine?
I built a ramp on the lower level

I sure did :) we chatted about it, remember? Lol

I'm more curious about what people think about the upstairs 'outdoor' heated level down to 'underground' downstairs cooled level.

Steve is 1m long and thinks he's a jungle most days with his stretching and balancing acts. Since he can reach the top of his current 600 high enclosure to rub his face on the mesh vent I'm sure he'll manage to reach up 500 to get from bottom to top :)

That's what I've done with mine'
Top level day and lower level night.
Both levels have a cool and warm hide.

That's what I've done with mine'
Top level day and lower level night.
Both levels have a cool and warm hide.

Your pics didn't work, try again please? :)

I mainly want to heat the top and cool the bottom to mimic nature a bit more, especially because it's so damn hot up here.

In saying that, the tile with heat cord underneath will be going in this enclosure until I build one to go on top (if it ever happens, my current paint job is a bit of a disaster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back