Underwoodisaurus milii colour forms.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minhawali

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Here a pic of some of my CB'04 I kept for future breeding.

Hope you like,
Johan.

200512301246280.jpg

What I would like to know is. Can Johan import these native animals back to Australia? Does the law allow this?

Peter,

I don't think that's possible.
These guys are bred a lot here and in the US. Allmost like Bearded Dragons.
I think mine are 645th generation CB. :lol:

Johan.

Yeah mate, would be too dangerous to import them here. I'll leave it at that.

Hi Johan,

Fancy seeing you here! Again, fantastic geckos! Unfortunately you can't import them in and we can't export them out. Such a shame as there are some really amazing Aussie gex overseas, such as albino N. Levis Pilb. We have yet to conquer the hypo Milli. I know a great breeder who has a few beautiful hypo Millis, but they are not breeding true at this stage. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though.

:0)

Very Nice Johan!
Is that builders sand there on?
heres a few odd pics of mine......Yours seem to have alot more spots in the bands.

1573.jpg

1232.jpg

a preshed

1235.jpg

:)

I've put them on playsand to take the pics but I keep them on a playsand-shellsand mix. (50/50)
Works just fine. Lots of calcium in there.

Cheers,
Johan.

These little fellows look like they have been decorated by an Australian Aboriginal artist, with their beautiful earthy,
ochrey colours and the white dots. Perhaps there is a dreamtime story... long ago someone saw these sweet
little fellows who were really shy because they were see-through (see my comment on Minhawali's "last hatchling
of the season" thread). So she took pity on them and painted them in beautiful colours and patterns. They were grateful
for their beautiful new skins and became her totem.

And that's how the dinowoodisaurus got their patterns.

The reason we can't import Natives from overseas is if they've picked up a disease they could bring it back with them and introduce it to their kin over here, but look on the bright side, if they've bred it over there with their limited original stock, we can do the same here, we already have hypomelantistic Thick Tails.

heres one of my (hypo?) millis the mum is the same so i bred her back to the hypo babie. i have 5 eggs cooking now 2 are days away from hatching. yours are very nice. how many days did it take yours to hatch?

Nice geckos guys. Is there any1 in melb selling some?

after my eggs hatch i will be selling all my geckos.

Is that including the adults? What prices are you looking at I may be interested but can't be sure, depends on my money situation.

Tristis, I've seen wild milli that are more "hypo" than that female. I'm pretty sure you've just got a slightly lighter phase one. Milli from out near Dubbo are significantly lighter than ones from around Sydney and also have more dotting.

I think one member (Gabe???) has some which are close to Hypo.
I hatched a female levis which was far lighter than anything I'd seen, but she died before she laid any eggs.

Do you have any other species?

-H

Is this just another sales gimick calling some hypomelanistic?I have a couple of levis both different but not a touch of black on either,one is extremely light with shades of yellow,does this make it a hypo?I thought it was just a natural colour form?

Look at the N pilbarensis in Wilson and Swan,now that may as well be albino it's so light with no black but is just a natural colour form from what i can tell.Seems to be a massive colour range with most of the knob tails,i love em :)

i am not 100% what they are but 2 are deffently lighter than the others, thats why i said (hypos?). no its not a sales gimick. i too have seen lighter animals than mine, but hey i have also seen lots of carpets that are sold as hypo that look like normal carpets. in not selling my animals as hypo , im not even selling them yet.

wow tristis thats a great pic, thats must be one of the lightest miliis around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back