unidentified species

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a better pic

Attachments

• creature.jpg
    creature.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 84
I know it looks weird and wonderful but it's quite obvious roughly what it is though. It's a dessicated fish of some sort not a fossil.

Cmon people,its a dead stingray,google thorny skate.

Elapid@:

How big is it - from nosetip to tail tip?

:p

Hix

yeah thanks people, its really some thing that gets people when they see it. I dont really care if it was common. but i can assure you its not, also its not a sting ray . etc. its real and its important that it gets a name.some people say its this its that, but if they new then they could prove it to me then i can let it rest.
But until then its unidentifiable.
thanks again people for the info, i wont give up on it and when i find out you will be the first to know.
cheers steve.

I would get it checked out, you probably need someone you can trust with it if its sentimental. I worked on trawlers for a while and there's some pretty weird stuff out there that you don't see everyday. Fascinating this planet is.

Elapid@: how long is it from nosetip to tailtip?

:p

Hix

Last edited by a moderator:
the only idea we came up with is some prehistoric kind of sea dragon or pipe fish but then it could be anything the ocean is such a big undiscovered place with new findings all the time. good luck finding out what it is though. my sister's 2 bobs worth was some kind of iguana prehistoric of course seen as it was found in portugal.

Maybe you should leave it unidentified, its much more interesting not knowing what it is and wondering about it plus it might make some people actually use their brain and imagination which can be rare lol.

its one of the long lost residents of atlantis. if you no exactly where it was found tell the scientist to search there. serioulsy a resident of atlantis.

As much as it may be a skate or ray, you'd think the museums he sent photos to would say "that's a skate/ray" not "we have no idea what it is"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back