unusual colour for a shingleback round here

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBANG

Reaction score
was heading into town today and came across this bloke crossing the road, only seen black ones around here this one caught my eye
269469_10151476869171038_1758615326_n[1].jpg409263_10151476868001038_100899854_n[1].jpg

yea that one is pretty unusual. we get a fair few in adelaide but all of them and are a chocolate-black colour. maybe lots of birds shat on him???

You could almost say shingle x bluey, pattern indicates it, smaller head and tail size and smoother body...
I'd say spot on :)

We have just gotten a few at work. No they are not a cross breed just and no a flock of birds haven't bombed the hell out of him, just a different color i think.

was heading into town today and came across this bloke crossing the road, only seen black ones around here this one caught my eye

Are you any where near the Grampians? That colour phase is fairly common toward the northern end of the range, along with black/ choc brown and black/ yellow barred animls.

Nice save on the Eastern Brown BTW:)!

Are you any where near the Grampians? That colour phase is fairly common toward the northern end of the range, along with black/ choc brown and black/ yellow barred animls.

Nice save on the Eastern Brown BTW:)!

thanks mate, yeah i was heading into stawell when i came across him......

Stock standard Vic T. rugosa male. It is not overly elongated or look anything like a hybrid. The black, brown, white and cream combo is standard in Vic and varies with little consistency across the range.

Scott

Stock standard Vic T. rugosa male. It is not overly elongated or look anything like a hybrid. The black, brown, white and cream combo is standard in Vic and varies with little consistency across the range.

Scott

not sure how stock standard they are mate......i live in vic and i havent seen one this light before, nearly everyone i have seen is black with the occasional cream fleck through it, i wouldnt have pulled up at take a photo of something i see everyday, but in saying that IV was right about where i found it so it may be a colour phase around stawell/grampians as i have only lived up this way 18 months and dont get into town all that offen especially in the day light hours i havent come across one like this before.

not sure how stock standard they are mate......i live in vic and i havent seen one this light before, nearly everyone i have seen is black with the occasional cream fleck through it, i wouldnt have pulled up at take a photo of something i see everyday, but in saying that IV was right about where i found it so it may be a colour phase around stawell/grampians as i have only lived up this way 18 months and dont get into town all that offen especially in the day light hours i havent come across one like this before.

mmm it looks pretty normal to me :)
just lighter really

it may be normal to some one that knows the area but as i said most of the ones i have seen in vic have been black, this one was strange to me

Bigbang
you stopped for a very normal but pretty shingleback. I might be living in qld now but I was herping in Vic from the age of 4.

cheers
scott

nice shingleback ,but you need to get out more standard form to me seen heaps very similar

Bigbang
you stopped for a very normal but pretty shingleback. I might be living in qld now but I was herping in Vic from the age of 4.

cheers
scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back