Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno from ERD

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day guys,

Just a quick post to inform everyone of some upcoming ERD courses. These are all Brisbane based, and for interstate travellers, we can organise accommodation close by. Morning tea and lunch are provided, as are detailed course booklets and ongoing future advice. Whilst some of our courses aren't considered "cheap", they are definitely worth their weight in gold with some of the invaluable information that is learnt. We are not millionaires from running these - as those who have attended have seen by the way I drive a 20 year old Hilux!

It is important to remember that these courses are not boring lectures with some old fat guy (sorry Danny) standing up the front dribbling on about something. We make it as fun and interactive as possible, with plenty of questions, discussions and stories. It is a very casual setting where audience participation is encouraged.

Gecko and Small Lizard Husbandry Course

March 14
, 2009.
This is co-hosted by Danny Brown, who maintains the largest collection of native lizards in Australia. This season alone he has bred rarities such as Nephrurus wheeleri, Prickly Forest Skinks, Boyds Forest Dragons and Short-tailed Pygmy Monitors. He has also authored what will no doubt become the authoritive text on keeping and breeding all species of lizards. This course concentrates on all aspects of lizard husbandry and breeding and is accompanied by a mind-blowing PowerPoint presentation. Limited to 25 people.

The course cost is $225 per person.

Python Husbandry and Breeding Course

Please note - this date is to be decided so we can make it as convenient as possible for those who wish to attend. We are planning on October - November. If you are interested in attending, let us know when you can or can't attend and we will take it into consideration.

This course is co-hosted by Matt Bonnett, who maintains a collection of high-end Australian pythons. Matt is a very successful breeder, having bred nearly ever species of Australian python including Blackheads, Woma's and Green Pythons. Like the above course, this one is accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation detailing every aspect of breeding pythons...those who attended were very impressed with the information they received. Limited to 25 people.

The course cost is $225 per person.

Venomous Snake Relocation Course

March 7/8 2009

Our Venomous Snake Relocation Courses are probably what we are best known for. We have held over 20 of these for private individuals over the last two and a half years. This course is held over two days, and is constructed to train those with no experience how to safely identify, capture and relocate native venomous snakes. We use species such as Mulga Snakes, Colletts Snakes, Eastern Brown Snakes, Tiger Snakes, Western Brown Snakes, Red Bellied Black Snakes and Spotted Black Snakes. Limited to 12 people.

The course cost is $330 per person.

Venomous Snake Husbandry Course

March 15, 2009

This course is fairly intensive and very hands on. It is a one-day course, and concentrates on everything from enclosure design, right through to applying correct head restraints. Previous experience is necessary, whether it be previously completing our VSR course, or already having your venomous permit. Limited to 6 people.

The course cost is $500.

If anybody has any questions (or previous attendee's would like to share their experiences :)) please feel free to do so here. If we do not receive sufficient interest in the Gecko and Python based courses, we will simply no longer offer them.

Cheers

And also guys, if you are interested in registering for these courses, please email me at [email protected]

I get a lot of PM's and generally only sort through them once every couple of weeks.

G'day Chenobi,

They are all one day courses apart from the Venomous Snake Relocation Course which is two days.

Cheers

Hey Jonno how do I book in for all 4 courses and how is payment to be made? Is a deposit required and where in Brissy north or south side are they as Im over 3 hours away but am definately interested,.
Cheers Odie

G'day Odessa,

I have been trying to respond to your emails but they keep bouncing back.

Cheers

Hey Jonno email sent again I dont know why its bouncing back if you have no luck either pm me or can I call you?
Cheers odie

python husbandary and breeding

Hi - please put me down for the next python husbandary and breeding course in Oct/Nov.
thanks
Vicki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back