Update on Posting Issues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the recent issue that caused the majority of users to be unable to post.

After a lot of investigation I finally found the issue was caused by the new WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor that our forum provider has put into the system. To work around this issue I have temporarily disabled the WYSIWYG editor for all accounts.

This means that you should now all be able to post - if you can't, please let me know via our Facebook page at Aussie Pythons and Snakes | Facebook or by emailing [email protected]

I will now look into how I can solve this problem permanently and re-enable the WYSIWYG editor for all users.

Adam

--------------------

Update: Further investigation has shown that the issue is related to an incompatibility between the new WYSIWYG editor and our "Wiki" component. An update to the Wiki is available that will allow me to permanently fix the issue. To reduce the chance of any more downtime I will be performing this upgrade tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I couldn't have fixed this one sooner. The issue was exacerbated by the fact that I don't use the WYSIWYG editor myself. This is why no matter how hard I tried I was unable to use the issue to happen to me!

Cheers heaps for your efforts/time fixing the site,..I started to get picture upload withdrawals ;)

its frustrating at times especially when you cant contact anyone.....Baden (solar 17)

Many thanks Admin, all working fine now from my end, your effort is much appreciated:)!

Thanks so much. I couldn't do anything, and its like a drug addict with out his drugs, i was desperate to get back on.

Thanks allot :)

A bit off topic, but u have just realised i have 2 home page links at the top of the page. One of them is the normal home but the other one is completely different, like a mix between home and forum?? anyone else had this or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back