Upright Freezer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ether

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day

I just bought a new upright freezer to store my large rats in.
It was delivered today and allowed to settle for 2 hours.

The sound of the compressor going is pissing me off and the rest of my family. It will turn on for about 1 minute every half hour. It is like a rattling/vibrating sound....

Just wondering if this is normal? Because it is hell noisy and am just wondering how people put up with it?

Cheers Alex

when you say upright, you mean it opens on the top (the lid/top is on hinges)? if so we have a large one in the garage which to my knowlege, we call it the deep freezer, anyway it is preety much silent so i dont really know why yours is making noise, i can stand nxt to mine and not hear a sound and ours is pretty old.

Nup, it's not a chest freezer....it's basically a normal 80L Bar Fridge except it's all freezer.

It might just be that fact i only installed it today, hopefully it will settle down.

Cheers Alex

Keyword is 'new'. Take it back, these things should be quiet, not loud enough to upset the family. Even my secondhand 15 year old trusty is silent.

Yep...Gotta agree with Wrasse...... Take it back...... They should be totally silent......

Only when standing right next to it...You would just hear it start up and turn of....

TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!

Cheers for the replies,

I think it may have calmed down, if not ill deal with it tomorrow...

Cheers Alex

If it's turning on and off too often then it is probably short-cycling due to loss of refrigerant. In othere words, it's stuffed, take it back and exchange it for another one that has gas in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back