URGENT!!! Advice Required Please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get in touch with Quarantine or Parks and Wildlife. They will both get in touch with the local reptile expert they use for identifying exotics, most likely the reptile curator at the zoo or museum. And they will take it from there.

The Quarantine Redline is 1800 803 006.

Cheers Ross.

rodentrancher said:
Hi Peter, Tanunda is only 1 1/2hrs from Renmark. Wonder if it might be worth while getting in touch with Peter Mirschin at SA Venom? Did a google and there are Mambas, Cobras, Kraits and Vipers in China

Mambas?

I don't think so. But definitely the other varieties.

:p

Hix

They scan the Classifieds not the items being shipped in. :lol:
They are far to busy to do inportant things like that. Trust me. I know first hadnd from seeing them at the airport. Just like everyone's bags get scanned right (WRONG). :twisted:

No ID on this snake at the moment folks. Cathy the snakecatcher rang me and said that they had left the furniture in an empty room. Taped up the doors. There is a mouse in a cage in there, and hopefully that might tempt it to come out. Our local snake expert, Peter Bredl is in hospital at the moment, just had a big brain tumor op poor bugga! So he cannot help.

Oh! and does anybody know of a vet called Chris Ball(I think it is)? Some guy supposedly from the Quarantine Dept. just rang me and said that this vet had put him on to me re this snake. I said that I really wasn't the one he needed to speak to, but Cathy the Snake Catcher from Loxton. I just gave him a very brief outline and gave him her number.

No update as yet. I think the snake catcher is very patient. I reckon I'd be ripping the furniture apart to find the sucker! Very carefully that is till I knew what it was.

And did anyone have an answer for me re a vet called Chris Ball who put the Quarantine mob onto my phone no. please? He sounded Indian? and said that a vet called Chris Ball gave him my phone no? Just curious whether it was a legit call from the Quarantine Dept. is all? Still haven't had any news from the Loxton Snake Catcher as yet, sorry guys, so no pics. Probably still waiting for the snake to come out of hiding I guess? Cheers Cheryl

Conservation Council of SA coast and marine coordinator Chris Ball.

I just googled "chris ball" and the only one that may have some relevance in the one as described as above. This may give you some sort of lead.

PS. There are quite a few Chris Ball's that come up on a google search. But this guy is at least in SA.

Hope this helps.

Mel

Hey moosey! I don't even want to know bout the damn thing! Would like to know what it is though when it eventually comes out of this piece of furniture. LOL! Ok thanks Mel

In the meantime Cheryl, can you describe the furniture for us.

Lol! Peter. Dunno what the furniture looks like? Actually haven't heard anything back from Cathy the Snakecatcher. Will try and remember to give her a ring 2morrow. Maybe the damn snake escaped? I certainly hope not if she hasn't identified it eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back