URGENT:- beardy breeding, help needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
quit right

hi
:(tatelina is quite right. i wasnt prepared, infact it just hit me. i am doing my best to do everything right. i am still at school and i do have sporting commitments. however they are the first things that get my attention when i get home. they are my first reptiles and i am still learning. cut me some slack and try to give positive replies or help or suggestions. im not the smartest there is so im just doing what i know. if anyone does have any suggestions or comments or helpful information, please leave a message as i want to know as much as i can
cheers,
Matt:)

Hello

Hello Matt,

What type of laybox do you have for her? Did you get some soil to mix in with the sand into a laybox? If it is not a suitable nest site, she will retain & then she will have a load of health problems & you could possibly lose her because of egg stasis.
I know you are doing your best. What kind of laybox did you make for her you mentioned that she burrowed so did you mix soil in with it so it held up to her digging? She may not be finished so keep trying for a bit longer to make sure she doesn't retain any, ok?
Keep us posted.

Tracie

Sand

I used to grab a bag of sand from Bunnings. 20 kg's from memory and it cost $9.

When the female was ready to lay she would begin to scratch around in the sand, generally at the warm end of the tank. I would then place a container in the warm end full of sand and 9 times out of ten she would lay outside the box. You then have to act like an archaeologist and dig up the eggs, very vary carefully.

Hello

Hello Matt,

I read on another thread that you are still housing your male & female together, is this correct? If so, please try to get them separated it is stressing her too much & she may not be laying all of her eggs, plus, he might still be trying to mate with her when she is trying to lay. They do not do well being housed together continually. She is going to become overbred & it is very unhealthy for her, & it will drastically cut her lifespan in half. You will end up with either tons of eggs or bills from the vet.
They really do need to be separated. OK? As soon as you can, please do so.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back