URGENT HELP BEARDIES HATCHED

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try not to keep too many together and make sure there are plenty of food......Seperate them according to size as the biggger one might be more dominant and sometimes they will chew at the smaller ones' digits and tails...
Also, try and expose them to sunlight or UV light as well to ensure they grow strong and healthy....prevents crooked back and nasties like that....been told to help them colour up better as well......don't know if this is true....but doesn't hurt to do it....
Lastly, congratulations :) :) and have fun

put in lots of hiding spots in the cage as that may also help stop them chewing each others toes off.

Well Done Brendan - 17 babies -is that normal sounds great.

Oh and Happy Birthday!! :lol: :D

How do you go the 6 weeks of incubation without bothering to learn what to do, then when they hatch panick and run looking for help?

hehe, i was wondering the same thing myself, but managed to restrain myself...

now that you've asked though, i cant wait to hear the response :)

LOOK OUT! Nicole's jumping on the newbie bashing bandwagon.
Come on you guys,try and be a bit more supportive of the new people.Help them out,teach them well and let them lead the way,show them all the beauty they possess inside,let the newbies laughter remind us how we used to be.

...the greatest newbie of all...it's easy to achieve....
or
.... and IIIIIIIIII, will always love NEWWWWW(bies)....
LOLOL.. not bashing, just commenting....

I'm a newbie too remember, but I would have done a little research before the event of the hatching...

im not trying to be a newbie basher but brendan are you trying to tell us that you had a pregnant lizard for however long and then she laid at least 17 eggs and you had no idea they were there.
no offence but that story does not sound right

What Brendan says is quite feasible to me. When my first dragon was pregnant I had a feeling that may be the case but didn't know for sure. I checked the damn tank every day just in case she was and was very lucky to actually find the eggs as she had dug the burrow so well and covered it in camoflaging, (sp), them so well that if they had not been against the glass I would have had an identical experience to that which Brendan described. Just thought I'd point that out cos everyone seems to be beating up a young newbie. I'm with you Brendan lad :)

...hehehe, at least we've finished with the bad whiney houston songs....
hmm, the dark side..... tempting, but... :lol:

I would of done research but i didnt know they laid. So they hatched and there were beardies all over the backyard. It was in a lizard pit that I took down before they hatched. They're going good now.

(I wish this kid would learn how to spell and punctuate properly-Greebo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back